Spoilers Season 3 wild speculation

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Dr Helen Noel, May 15, 2022.

1. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe we discover that Jack had heart surgery as a child, and a changeling (because reasons) decided to impersonate his donor heart?

Would work thematically, since it calls back to Picard's own artificial heart at least.

2. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm getting the sense that the fleet museum becomes their supply depot for their Daystrom mission! :lol:

3. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm kind of thinking it's Borg nanites but similar idea. They're awakening due to proximity.

If Jack has a dormant Changeling, why would he be attacking other Changlings?

4. Styleset

Styleset Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

So, yeah I have heard the Borg nanite theory, which is a possibility. But it seems to me that a Borg connection would be less interesting. Plus, why have changelings after him? The red color and red door and growing vines would make more sense as a changeling connection. What would motivate Vadic and her superior to be willing to pay every cost, including harming one another ("no changeling has every harmed another" before Odo) if it isn't to return to the Great Link? Why does she have a scare? Is it for effect? Why do her goons (Matalas confirmed they are changelings) wear masks? Something is wrong with these off-shoot, evolved changelings and it has some connection to Jack. Gates McFadden told Trekmovie.com that there is more to the story about Beverly Crusher hiding Jack's identity.

My answer to your question: That's why I think the "real" Jack fights. He intuits something is wrong with him and doesn't want to give in to the impulse to hurt solids. Something is inside him that the changelings want. Of course, The Face could not be a changeling. Could be some form of Lore. But what would that do of Changelings when they are wiling to sacrifice their lives to capture Jack? Their contempt for solids seems to indicate a "life or death" need to get Jack back.

We shall see!

5. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Jack is quite the mystery box this season.

6. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Stuff from the end credits that I don't think we've seen yet
    B'Rel cloaking device, which I speculate will be tied to Episode 6
    [​IMG]

Music notes, which some people claim is 'Pop Goes the Weasel' could tie into Data some how?
    [​IMG]

I think this is a positronic brain, so possibly Lore, or Picard.
    [​IMG]

This blurry thing I think is an alcove in Daystrom station, seen in a few trailer and episode 5
    [​IMG]

Now, we saw Spacedock in Episode 1, but I think this could also be Spacedock during Frontier Day
    [​IMG]

Fleet Museum, coming in Episode 6
    [​IMG]

This could just represent Shaw's feelings towards Seven, or maybe he'll actually make a report on screen at some point
    [​IMG]

This may just represent Picard and Jack's genetic connection, or perhaps a future scene will show them doing a DNA test
    [​IMG]

This is curious.. could be the portal weapon, or it could be something else from Daystrom
    [​IMG]

A, possibly Human, brain. The area highlighted is the parietal lobe. That was where Picard's brain problem in All Good Things and Picard Season 1 was. This could be Picard, but maybe it's Jack? Connected to his visions?
    [​IMG]

7. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Usually the occipital lobe lights up for visions and visual hallucinations, as the occipital lobe is the vision lobe, at the back of the brain though sometimes parietal lobe can be involved. Usually parietal lobe involves body sensation, so Jack might not just be seeing things, but feeling these things as well.

Tuskin38 likes this.
  8. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

The red blobs are mostly in the parietal, but the marker is in the Corpus callosum, the main fiber connection between the cerebral hemispheres. Perhaps he has a split brain? :D

And then it's just a replica cause the real one is in the UFP president's house :D

Tuskin38 likes this.
  9. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

If Jack is Picard's son, then he might have inherited some or all of the Picard family genetic ailments, including Shalaft's Syndrome and Irumodic Syndrome, not to mention Yvette's unnamed mental illness, or any combination thereof. So yes, this could indeed be Jack's neural scan that takes place during one of his brain-storms.

Tuskin38 likes this.
  10. 1987SpaceGuy

1987SpaceGuy Captain Captain

• Moriatti will actually help the TNGers (maybe not initially)
    • Have a hunch that Lore somehow could potentially too, maybe even "merging" with B4's remaning code which is convinently also located at Daystrom Institute.
    • Vadic and "her" changelings are steered and infected, the question is just by whom and why ...
    • Jack is is the "key" and "cure/weapon" to the Changelings ilness and to whomever controls them.
    • Remans are the big bad puppeters behind the changelings and they both face off vs the Borg and Borg stuff in Jack

• the old friend is Moriatti who has to help with Lore/B4...

11. StewMc

StewMc Commodore Commodore

Well the episode is called “The Bounty”. As in HMS…

Edit: just seen it’s already been discussed in another thread.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
  12. NCC-73515

I do remember reading spoilers that said
    they've recovered the Bounty from the bottom of the bay

StewMc likes this.
  13. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Professor Moriarty - Wikipedia

fireproof78 likes this.
  14. Danja

Danja Commodore Commodore

Or "Bounty" as in "the one on Jack's head."

Commander Troi and 1987SpaceGuy like this.
  15. hellojane

hellojane Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Pretty sure this is everything left from the trailers and promos that hasn't air

NYCC trailer
    -Worf and Riker beaming out of the Titan while Worf says he prepares pacifism and Riker replies we're all gonna die.
    -Geordi in front of Picard saying "you roped Riker and Worf into this too"
    -Vadic walking around a ship
    -Deanna telling Riker "there's a darkness on this ship"
    -the museum stuff and the ships there
    -Deanna on some ship looking at an explosion
    -Vadic giving a speech on her ship
    -Lore with Geordi and then Moriarty
    -Geordi and Deanna on the Titan

Official trailer
    -Vadic and her goons in the hall of a ship
    -Geordi onscreen on the Titan. You see Picard and you see Shaw back in the captain's chair.
    -Worf, Raffi, and Riker
    -Geordi saying it's always life or death with Picard
    -Vadic with Picard
    -Someone getting their head smashed into a screen
    -Geordi with his daughter
    -the Lore stuff- him on the Titan, him with Geordi
    -all of the TNG crew (minus Lore/Data) together
    -Beverly saying “we’re with you, always"

This Season on Picard trailer
    -Riker and Deanna on the shrike, looking tied up, and Deanna saying you left the second Jean Luc called and put half a galaxy between us
    -Lore being beamed onto the Titan sickbay
    -Geordi and his daughter with Lore
    -Geordi with Sidney saying the crew aren’t your family and her saying yes they are

Final Voyage promo
    -Worf walking on the Titan with Seven and Raffi behind him
    -Picard, Beverly, Jack, and Sidney lining up holding phasers on someone
    -Deanna alone looking upset on the shrike
    -Worf, Riker, and Raffi
    -more museum stuff

Latest Paramount Promo
    -Riker, Raffi, and Worf walking into an area and you can see what looks like Lore in a pod
    -The whole TNG cast together looking at fireworks
    -Picard and Beverly shooting a changeling

A lot that stuff with Geordi, his daughters, and Lore probably happens this episode. I guess Moriarty too most likely.

The stuff with Vadic walking around the halls of some ship looks to be episode 7 since they have a press photo of her doing exactly that.

16. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

A title can have dual meaning.

Also I'm pretty sure Vadic being a bounty hunter was just a cover, considering she and her crew are changelings.

Commander Troi and Danja like this.
  17. NCC-73515

It's the coconut chocolate thing! :D

Commander Troi and Danja like this.
  18. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's a paper towel.

vulcancicada and Danja like this.
  19. Danja

Danja Commodore Commodore

They're going to need them once Seven gets through with them. :whistle:

fireproof78 likes this.
  20. Unimatrix Q

Unimatrix Q Commodore Commodore

I think we'll see DS9 again during the next episodes.

Next week's episode is titled "Dominion". Guess the Titan will go through the wormhole into the Gamma Quadrant, asking the Founders for help against the rogue changelings.

During the negotiation with the Great Link, i guess, Picard will make one of his big speeches ;)