Spoilers Season 2 Trailers, Previews, and Promos

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by KennyB, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

Ah did someone link it before? I never saw one

Elnor in a cadet uniform?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
  2. Llywela

Llywela Commander Red Shirt

Is it not viewable where you are? It's not region-locked for me in the UK. The main theme of the trailer is that there is a turning point in history with two possible futures branching out from it, or something like that. Time has been broken and must be fixed.
    Here are a few screencaps for you (some of these may have already been posted up-thread, I've lost track):
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I think that's Rios and Laris huddled over a collapsed Picard in that one image. We can't see who Raffi is crying over. I think we've previously assumed Elnor because we've seen them huddled together looking terrified before (possibly hiding from a Borg?) but I think this is a completely different scene with someone else, that's not Elnor's hair.
    Ooh, and notice Seven collapsed on the floor behind Agnes in the red dress.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
  3. JoaquinSlowly

JoaquinSlowly Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

@NCC-73515 shared a link, and then a bunch of screengrabs, a couple pages back.

Yup! And in the pre-altered Prime Timeline, too!
    ‪‪I wasn’t angling for Picard, Musiker and Rios to rejoin Starfleet, or for Elnor to become a cadet, but seeing them in those uniforms makes me smile.

And it’s made me consider Elnor’s place as someone raised by the Qowat Milat, virtually to be a Qowat Milat, but never fully accepted as one of them.

His unique situation made him an outsider within both the Qowat Milat who raised him, and the greater Romulan population outside their convent. This so directly parallels Spock’s status as an outsider in both the Vulcan and Human worlds, and the idea that it made the Federation the perfect place for him, it makes me appreciate Elnor enlisting instantly.

It also makes me see that because of his acute emotional awareness and lack of filter from Absolute Candor that Elnor is also like an inverse-Spock. He’s never suppressing his emotions, and perpetually wears them on his sleeve.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
  4. Llywela

That's a lovely analysis of Elnor's situation and the parallel with Spock. I smiled to see them all in uniform, too!

5. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

We saw Picard and Raffi in uniform in the trailer last July too, Rios is new though.

6. jos3s

jos3s Ensign Red Shirt

7. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is that hologram/statue by the golden gate bridge... Alton Soong??

Reanok likes this.
  8. Ray Hardgrit

Ray Hardgrit Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That's Adam Soong, his 21st century ancestor.

Reanok and JoaquinSlowly like this.
  9. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

It says Adam Soong

10. F. King Daniel

Ah, I didn't think to read the text:lol:

JoaquinSlowly likes this.
  11. Unionized Elf

Unionized Elf Fleet Admiral Admiral

Adam Soong? They're running out of names for Soongs, aren't they?

jaime likes this.
  12. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Someone upthread posted an intriguing idea (see below) about the Soong lineage, and why they all look like one another. Also why this new character is named Adam. I thought it was pretty clever (and great if actually correct).

jaime and JoaquinSlowly like this.
  13. Captain Kris Kringle Pike

Captain Kris Kringle Pike Fleet Admiral Admiral

And least it is normal.

14. F. King Daniel

Short for Adamantium Soong.

Commander Troi and Ar-Pharazon like this.
  15. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Adam Ant Soong? Maybe the family is just following ancient history...

Commander Troi likes this.
  16. Christmas Chaos

Christmas Chaos Stealer of all the cookies in time and space Premium Member

Jurati in the red dress looks like she's about to do the Mirror's Edge theme song.... That kind of looks like how that clip started too.

17. Llywela

The Star Trek Argentina page that posted the new trailer has now mysteriously disappeared...

(Are these trailer leaks and deletions a deliberate strategy to whip up interest? Or are they just that bad at controlling these things??)

Reanok and JoaquinSlowly like this.
  18. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

It's a mystery where they even got it from, since no one else apparently posted it

Reanok likes this.
  19. MrPicard

MrPicard Jean-Luc's Loving Husband Premium Member

Given how… umm… weird (trying to come up with a somewhat nice word here) their Trek marketing strategy seems to be (and not just in this case), I very much doubt this is deliberate - it makes no sense to produce trailers (this DOES cost them money after all, the people who put the trailers together expect to be paid) and to then post them and make them disappear again. If you have a trailer you normally want for people to see it and be able to see it AGAIN because sharing trailers and screencaps and whatnot is what creates hype.

This is more likely a case of “the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing”. Someone probably handed out trailers that weren’t supposed to be handed out just yet.

Reanok, Llywela and JoaquinSlowly like this.
  20. Llywela

Only two weeks left until the new season airs. Two trailers have been leaked and then deleted. They are running out of time to do anything productive with either, at this point!

It's all very strange. This latest one was very, very spoilery, but still - someone commissioned and made it, after all.