Pre-Warp ships

Getting there I think, but will have to look at it again tomorrow to be sure.
ncaXHVo.jpg

Awesome work, the colours and details are again so very well done, industrial and realistic despite being fully science fiction.
That orange colour is what seals the deal even more, gives it some ages and it accentuates all the nitty gritty details. :mallory:

It's like the DY-100, DY-500, and DY-750 classes, but cooler.
Thanks! I'd heard of the DY-100 and 500 before, but the 750 was new to me so I did a bit of googling. I found an old Matt Jeffries toy design that has been retrofitted into a Star Trek context by fans who called it DY-750.
rrBAyzC.jpg

My idea was to combine the SpaceX Starship and DY-100 design elements, adding wings, cargo bays and side engine pods. It seems however that Matt Jeffries has beaten me to it by a mere 50 years! :lol:

Thanks! I'd heard of the DY-100 and 500 before, but the 750 was new to me so I did a bit of googling. I found an old Matt Jeffries toy design that has been retrofitted into a Star Trek context by fans who called it DY-750.
rrBAyzC.jpg

My idea was to combine the SpaceX Starship and DY-100 design elements, adding wings, cargo bays and side engine pods. It seems however that Matt Jeffries has beaten me to it by a mere 50 years! :lol:
Yes, I recall this design by Jeffries, but my reference to a DY-750 class was more a reference to the old Star Trek Chronology book, which featured an advanced version of the DY-100 known as the DY-750.

Yes, I recall this design by Jeffries, but my reference to a DY-750 class was more a reference to the old Star Trek Chronology book, which featured an advanced version of the DY-100 known as the DY-750.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! I only recently started having a proper look through that book, and will have another browse this evening. :bolian:

Considering this thread is called "pre-warp ships", I should probably go ahead and actually make a variant that fits the description haha

DY-500A 'Leif Erikson'
AFtJ8WS.jpg

g2scXs4.jpg

Back