Patrick Stewart has seen first 5 episodes, hopes fans won't be disappointed

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by NCC-73515, Nov 14, 2019.

1. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it is. But, it's not baffling. I'm not putting myself out there again and again. As I told Crewman 6, this past week has been among the most emotionally challenging for me, so my headspace ain't great. But, I'll own my attitude and how I feel.
    Because I value discussion. I value hearing from other people and value the conversations I can have about it. I value that more than my own entertainment. As I said, I've been doing this for over ten years, explaining why Abrams Trek is one of the best emulations of Trek out there. I've owned my weaknesses and my foibles and mistakes. As I stated above, I'm just tired. I'm emotionally work out, beaten down and fragile, for a huge number of reasons.

Also, I should make this note: When I stated "it's going to suck" it wasn't just a "new things suck!" attitude. It was my observation that things rarely live up to all expectations. So, it some way it will not meet fan expectation. That's ok with me, but it's going to suck on some level. Whether people stick through that small sucking is up to them.

2. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I mean, I think I agree. CBS has so massively hyped Picard - way beyond what they did for the Discovery premier - lots of people are going to be let down if it's not brilliant and flawless right out the gate.

3. fireproof78

Pretty much this. I think there needs to be something said about expectations.

4. Eric1981

Eric1981 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Is it true the first episode leaked?

5. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    ... and looking for that High Priced Call-girl.
    (probably spending most of its screen time in somebodies mouth)
    :nyah:

6. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Can we not?

7. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How can it be leaked when they let people see it for admission in LA, London, and Berlin?

8. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

I started off with no expectations whatsoever. Bit by bit, the more I saw, and the more I read about it, the more interested I became. If the actual series doesn't turn out to be any good then, at the very least, I'll say this was the best advertising and PR campaign for a show I've ever seen.

9. fireproof78

No, just screened.

10. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

^^^
    No they really haven't if you go back and look at the marketing campaign for STD in 2016 - 2017, overall in execution it's roughly similar. The difference with STP is that you still have the lead original actor generating a lot more interest based on that fact alone.

11. Crewman6

Crewman6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Very, very minor
    CBS AA really should have released the first three all together. Even if people love these first episodes, it is going to be an exercise in frustration, as the plot moves very, very slowly.

I suspect many people's reactions after episode 1 will be, "That's it??"

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    eschaton likes this.