Other series like Trek & Twilight Zone

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by evangelist6589, May 26, 2014.

1. Mario de Monti

Mario de Monti Captain Captain

That was how I meant it. Though I must admit I only own the first season on DVD and haven´t seen the second one in twenty years.

Doctor Who
    is one of those shows I haven´t seen a single episode of. I´m not even sure if it ever ran on German TV.

2. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, that's not an odd recommendation at all. If the OP wants something reminiscent of both TOS and TZ, Space: 1999 is the best choice ... as long as he's okay with 1970s ambience instead of 1960s.

Interesting. That reminds me of the original concept for Enterprise Season One.

On the other hand, if they had reused "47", then it's something more than coincidence .... :devil:

You haven't seen Jonathan Archer? I envy you.

3. ToddPence

ToddPence Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The decline in quality of SPACE:1999 between seasons 1 and 2 is one of the greatest in television history - the loss of the great Barry Morse being the biggest of many factors in that meltdown.

4. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Agree.

5. js

js Captain Captain

Has no one mentioned Wild Wild West to the OP? Fair amount of casting crossover to both TZ and ST as I recall. Plus a fun genre action show.

6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Also both Fred Freiberger and Gene L. Coon were producers on it for short periods of time, before their tenures on Trek, and of course there were some writers and directors in common with ST.

Not to mention that Jim West is basically the person Jim Kirk would've been if he'd lived a few centuries earlier. And Artemus Gordon is sort of Spock and McCoy rolled into one, at least in terms of his partnership/friendship with West.

7. js

js Captain Captain

That too! :)

8. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    Here are a few that are on my personal 'to watch' list like Twilight Zone that haven't been mentioned:

*The Veil
    *Darkroom
    *Science Fiction Theater
    *Tales of the Unexpected
    *Way Out
    *Thriller

Shows like Star Trek that haven't already been mentioned:
    *Ark II
    *Seaquest DSV

Mind you, these shows have varying quality, but I'm trying to watch them myself to see what stories are out there...what could have been done better....etc.

9. Leroy

Leroy Commodore Commodore

I've seen a few episodes of the 80's Twilight Zone while not as iconic or as memorable as the classic series it still has a few gems mostly adaptations of short stories.