Ongoing Community Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Admiral_Young, Jan 21, 2011.

1. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought tonight's episode was great especially how troy and abed use pierce to play doctor.
    :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

all so annie has great legs.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Awesome episode...and I agree with Sci. I have said from the start that I hope they finally pay off Annie and Jeff (even if they end up not hooking up) all these teasing is bull. I loved the United Nations debate. They need to find something to focus Brita, she's been extra annoying already and I like her.

3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I have been really enjoying the new season and agree Brett is even more annoying than noral and that says something.

4. timothy

the worse thing they could do is brita and chang hook up.

5. Admiral_Young

That wouldn't be so bad...I kind of liked their dynamic actually. I can think of worse things that Brita and Chang.

6. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Britta has long been the weakest link in the group. I like Chang as a security guard, hopefully putting him in a position of authority again will bring back some of his old Season One awesomeness.

7. Admiral_Young

Britta always seems out of place within their dynamic, and yet she works all the same. It is going to be interesting to see what they have in store for her.

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

To be fair, she spent 1/2 her free time trying not to get found out about sleeping with Jeff last year.

9. Admiral_Young

Yeah exactly, they need to give her something to do and I don't think rekindling her passion for protesting (which is unnecessarily in my opinion) or pulling off ludicrous stunts is the way to do it. I kind of hope they give her a romance with the new biology teacher we saw in the first episode.

10. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

"The science works out."

11. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Am I in the minority thinking that Jeff and Britta were a better pairing? I rewatched the first season and enjoyed their dynamic far more than the Jeff and Annie's will they / won't they play we've had since.

Of course, at the rate we're going we may have Jeff sleeping with Annie's Boobs before the series finishes off...

Mark

12. Admiral_Young

I don't think you're alone concerning Jeff and Britta but the writersand Harmon I think, have made it pretty clear that the two of them are toxic as a couple. They're really interested in having sex with each other and that's about it. It's been an interesting evolution because I think the two of them need to go back to that dynamic they had in the first season. I think they're secret friends with benefits incidents last year has muddled that somewhat. They haven't been the same since season one. Perhaps we can blame Jeff's original kiss with Annie at the end of season one for that...I dunno.

13. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

I have but one problem with this ep.

"Your acting like a schoolgirl, and NOT IN A HOT WAY!"

Everything Alison Brie does is done in a hot way.

That is all.

14. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

^ That was the exact same thought I had when Jeff yelled that line. I doubt Alison Brie is even capable of not doing something in a hot way.

15. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

I absolutely adore Alison Brie and worship the ground she walks on...

... but no. Jeff was right. Annie was being really, truly obnoxious. I don't think I've ever seen an adult actor so accurately portray a child's temper tantrum before.

16. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

I haven't seen nearly all the eps but at the beginning of the show I definitely liked Jeff and Britta more as a couple. Now I'm not so sure because I think I like Britta the least of all the characters, but Jeff and Annie just seems weird to me.

17. timothy

I so wanted to spank her at that moment for being a bad girl.

18. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Britta has a better butt. Annie has a better rack.

And, yes, I just objectified both of them. My apologies to Gillian Jacobs and Alison Brie.

I've been a bad, bad, boy and either of them can, and should, punish me.

19. nevermore

nevermore Admiral Admiral

I liked Martin Starr. But I always like Martin Starr.

Everything else about this week's episode was horrible. Annie was insufferable and completely unfunny, Jeff's characterization was incomprehensible and also unfunny, I don't even know what to say about that vile B story with Chang and Britta which sucked what little life there was right out of the episode, and the rest of the characters basically had cameos. I guess maybe it's growing pains with the new writers, but I just don't get what's supposed to be funny or compelling about a grown person pitching a fit on a table, a grown man coddling her, or another grown woman dancing around with barbie dolls sewn to her shirt. Reading the comments, maybe if I gave a shit about Allison Brie's tits or Gillian Jacob's ass, I wouldn't have noticed how godawful the actual episode was. :vulcan:

I like the meta episodes because they're entertaining in and of themselves, and the writers seem to do a better job of keeping the characters in character when they have something else they can send over the top. These kinds of episodes tend to lose me, but christ, this was the worst so far. Britta in particular seems miswritten and misused the last two episodes. I hope they figure that shit out soon.

Gross.

20. Admiral_Young

What was wrong with Jeff's characterization in the episode? He's always been overprotective with Annie while still being attracted to her. Annie being insufferable I think was the point. She finally snapped and outright acted immature. The outburst was really being built up for quite some time. It just needed a trigger point, and Other Annie was just that.