Spoilers On Seven and sexuality

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by rfmcdpei, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

This isn't 1930. The average life-span is 80. Middle-age is 40.

I just left my 30s. I'm telling you that 30-something is not what it was when you were 30 back in 19__. Times have changed. Partially for better, partially for worse.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    SolarisOne and Danja like this.
  2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

If youth, middle age and old age are equal periods, and life lasts exactly 80 years, then middle age starts at 27 and ends at 53.

Middle age is a band of years, not a fixed point.

3. Lord Garth

Okay, fine. Go up to any 27-year-old and tell them they're middle-aged. Especially a woman. After you get slapped across the face, come back to me and we'll continue this discussion. ;)

SolarisOne and NCC-73515 like this.
  4. Guy Gardener

Done.

No slap.

Pity.

Danja likes this.
  5. Lord Garth

This photo doesn't get enough likes.

Makarov likes this.
  6. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    45 definitely feels like you've started middle age. My back has been complaining about loud noises for a while now and most of those noises are coming FROM my own body.

7. Guy Gardener

Middle age is when you enjoy yourself.

Old age is when things start to hurt.

8. cooleddie74

Then I've been an old man since I was in my 30's. My musical preferences would definitely lean in that direction. :lol:

fireproof78 and Danja like this.
  9. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

And we're talking 120 years being old age!
    All we actually know from the shows is that you can only call an old lady "handsome".

10. cosmic mouse

cosmic mouse Commodore Commodore

Old is variable depending on how one lived in middle age (which begins ~45, I agree with Eddie ;)). My mom is 80 and she still plays tennis 3 times a week. Singles tennis.

You're only as old as you feel!

11. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

One question is was it wrong for Seven to even think about romance after being freed from the Borg since she was a small child when assimilated meaning that in away she in theory would still have a child like mind or maybe would. Who really can figure out how that stuff translates to being a Borg drone. I also wonder if they will bring up the Unimatrix guy she was in theory also in a romance with. Also whatever happened to her Aunt she wanted to connect with.

Jason

12. Guy Gardener

Anika was awake the whole time. 20 years of social programming to be a good Borg. She also spent 20 years in Unimatrix Zero, that you mentioned, where she lived as a fully actualized growing person, and a freed Borg, who had a healthy sexual relationship with at least one boy... Not that she remembers a lick of that.

Immediately after being liberated, Seven couldn't eat because her digestive organs and pipes where either atrophied and in a criminal state of disrepair, or outright removed, so I doubt she had sexual organs, or the internal biology to support a vagina. This shouldn't be too taboo for the era, since there was a Joke in Babylon 5 about Delenn's first period after being retrofitted into a halfling.

That's not how I remember Tapestry.

Rende Rae Norman, Penny, was 35 in 1993, but i would have assumed she was in her 40s, picking on baby Picard, becuase I was young and judgmental on first view, and the makeup department probably aged her up.

Streetcar Named Desire meets Barfly.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  13. Danja

Danja Commodore Commodore

That didn't keep her from eating cheesecake:

SolarisOne likes this.
  14. Guy Gardener

Her first meal, in 20 years, was in Raven.

S04E06.

Body and Soul was early season 7.

Danja likes this.
  15. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's because all those organs are removed from people in the future for new types of grown organs. This has allowed them to do away with toilets which is why you never see a human using one.

Jason

16. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

me: you can only call an old lady "handsome".
    PENNY: Handsome. That's something you say to old ladies.

amirite or amirite. or amirite.

17. Guy Gardener

Penny was an old lady, who objected to being accurately identified as a cougar, even though the term wasn't in use here yet in the past, but the 24th century totally knew the word.

The actress was 35, almost twice as old as little Picard, but I feel that the actress was significantly younger than the character.

18. AlanC9

AlanC9 Commodore Commodore

Hollywood's always been weird about female aging. How many years did it take for Sally Field to go from playing Tom Hanks' girlfriend to playing his mom?

19. cooleddie74

She was a sex symbol in 1977 and by the time Murphy's Romance rolled around eight years later she was more or less the middle-aged romantic love interest to a much older man like James Garner.

Danja likes this.
  20. Guy Gardener

Tara Lynne Barr played young Sally Field in episode 3 of Dispatches from Elsewhere... It was a close match. You can see Tara as Sally for a few seconds at the end of this trailer.

Back to Seven threatening to f$$k Kim, and how he ran away.

1. Her basic functions didn't work yet, so there was no chance she could do missionary, which is the only move Kim's mother told him about.
    2. Seven knew Kim was a punk and she intended on scarring him off psychologically, without putting out.
    3. If Seven planned on having lesbian sex with Kim, becuase that's how she liked to have sex, like a lesbian, hands, mouths and toys, then her out of order woo hoo and poo hoo amounted to squat. Instinctively in the third episode of season 4, Seven decided to be a top and Kim was her bottom... If he had stayed.
    4. Maybe she was planing on creating a miniature collective with Kim, where all her sex organs were functional, and it would have unfortunately been straight vanilla sex after all?

Danja likes this.