Observations, rewatching Season 1 for first time in a while

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by JirinPanthosa, Sep 23, 2018.

1. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Vice Admiral Admiral

Watching The Thaw now.

Who is that actor? I know that voice...who is that voice...I know that...HOLY **** is that Michael McKean?! Well now The Clown is Chuck to me forever.

2. Farscape One

Farscape One Commodore Commodore

You know, I have imagined The Clown singing "Big Bottom" once or twice...

Sybok Was Wrong likes this.
  3. JirinPanthosa

I must say I respect Tuvix for not taking the easy way out and having Tuvix sacrifice himself. I know it's the most controversial Voayger ep on this forum. But I think the best Ent episode is Similitude, and Sim in the end sacrificed himself. Tuvix is the one time in Voyager Janeway was forced to make a really hard moral choice. Maybe she made the wrong one, but the writers certainly weren't cowards for this episode.

Maybe Tuvok and Neelix should have had some hard time adusting after this episode.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    Sybok Was Wrong likes this.
  4. JirinPanthosa

Does anyone else think it would have been more interesting if Seska's baby had been Chakotay's baby and ended up aboard Voyager?

Athena28 likes this.
  5. chris of nine

chris of nine Lieutenant Red Shirt

Rather, they use the other ending where the baby dies, Seska lives.

She stays on the show, and by the last season she hooks up with Chakotay instead of S/C, and has his, instead.

6. Finn

Finn Vice Admiral Admiral

One thing I liked about the first two seasons were that the two major powers were recurring; The Kazon and Vidiians as Voyager was likely straddling their territories for about an year. I suspect the Kazon we saw in the earlier appearances in first season were quite far from their core territories, while the Vidiians we saw in season one were closer to home than their appearances in the second season.

I kinda think we should have seen more of that. Several episodes showing them travelling through a territory home to a power, a couple or more, at times.

sumbuddyx likes this.
  7. JirinPanthosa

Remember is a much more powerful episode when you're an adult and understand that stuff like this actually IS going on in some parts of the world, as we speak. It's exactly how China treats Muslims.

sumbuddyx likes this.
  8. JirinPanthosa

Future's End, this has to be the only time outside TOS a disruptor vaporizes a complete object that is not a person, without harming anything other than said object.

9. chris of nine

chris of nine Lieutenant Red Shirt

Rain’s pickup truck? Oh, sure, no debris, or nuthin.

Yeah, I thought it bogus, too, like Savvik in the kitchen galley in Khan, did, vaporizing a stockpot, leaving a pile of doughy goo, with her phazor.

I could never buy that in TOS, but they did it all the time.

You’d think they would quit it by voyager days.

sumbuddyx likes this.
  10. sumbuddyx

sumbuddyx Captain Captain

I haven't rewatched it but I remember really loving that episode. However when I first heard of the title I thought it was going to be about Tuvok shoving his katra in someone and having some dual personality hijinx happen.