Spoilers New season 3 badges

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by F. King Daniel, Nov 1, 2019.

1. IMC Headquarters

IMC Headquarters Screencaptioning Addict Premium Member

I already miss the old badges. I love them so much I got some of the Qmx varieties for my everyday jackets. Great icebreakers in a masked public.

RapidNadion likes this.
  2. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Precisely so. And, the TOS writer's bible recognized that-we have to gain and maintain our audience or we don't stay on the air, period. Slight paraphrase but the idea is very clear as to what their priorities will be in terms of what is produced. And that audience is going to include people like myself who read up on new technologies being developed and people like someone I know who is a retired pipe welder who just enjoys having "new Star Trek" without much more impacting him than that.

I would love Trek to delve in to the futurism that many seem to expect it to do, but it has been left behind, and that was clear from the beginning.

Richard S. Ta and Tuskin38 like this.
  3. pdyl

pdyl Cadet Newbie

Sorry if this was mentioned already, I am new to this board. It seems that there is a difference between the concept bade chart and what is actually shown on screen. So far to date, all Officer pips from Ensign thru Captain have the pips starting in the lower Delta like you see with the Flag Officers. Can you show that in your chart?

4. Eric1701

Eric1701 Cadet Newbie

Curious, new here.... and I'm as huge anerd as anyone I guess...

Does anyone have like a chart with pictures and information on ALL the comm badges used throughout Trek thus far?