Merch Beyond!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Turbo, May 23, 2016.

1. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Ben announced a run of four new special issues (oversized models outside the regular fortnightly releases), which will be coming out next year. The first of these will be the USS Franklin and a swarm ship from Star Trek Beyond - These haven't come as close to the film's release as initially hoped, because the designs kept changing throughout the production of the film, making it difficult for Eaglemoss to keep up with the final designs in time to release soonerhttp://www.thetrekcollective.com/2016/09/loads-of-new-ships-announced-and-other.html

This will be followed next year by the USS Enterprise design created for the unmade film Planet of the Titans, created by Ken Adams and illustrated by Ralph McQuarrie. This design is of course the inspiration of the USS Discovery, so will be a timely release alongside the new TV series. There were two distinct study models created of the design, which have appear on-screen as background ships, and Eaglemoss plan to release both, one as a regular issue, and the other as one of these new subscriber exclusives releases (images via Memory Alpha).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Shadowknight1

Shadowknight1 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Was hoping for Beyond's Enterprise-A since I have little interest in one of the ships that killed the Enterprise. Oh well, the Franklin and the Klingon cruiser from ST09's Kobayashi Maru will work for now.

3. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Same, but I kinda hope we'll get the 1701 refit from the start of the film too. Probably fat chance, but you never know.

4. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

5. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

Previous tweet from that account states they are Chinese figurines. Probably crop up on eBay at some point. Since Jaylah and Krall are numbered 1003 and 1004, I wouldn't be surprised if 1001 and 1002 were Kirk and Spock.

6. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

F. King Daniel likes this.
  7. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sounds like they're going all-out. Star Trek Beyond office supplies?

RAMA likes this.
  8. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

This is HUGE. Licensing alone may have generated $100 million or more.

9. PixelMagic

If they release some figures, or models of the ships in China, I would buy them on ebay to have shipped here.

10. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

They make them in China anyway. Just cutting out the middle man.

11. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

"Star Trek Beyond" drink container (from the Philippines) arrived from an eBsay seller recently, and I just bought the 2017 calendar.

[​IMG]
    Trek stuff
    by Ian McLean, on Flickr

RAMA likes this.
  12. ItIsGreen

ItIsGreen Captain Captain

Thanks for drawing my attention to the existence of these. After a quick search it appears that they're not available in the UK, except on Amazon and ebay at inflated prices. Luckily I have a friend on holiday in the states at the moment and got him to pick one up at Walmart for me for $5.

Strangely at the moment the three biggest toy retailers over here (Toys R Us, Smyth's Toys and The Entertainer) have NO Star Trek merch at all.

That's pretty cool! What's on the blu-rays?

13. Therin of Andor

14. ItIsGreen

15. Therin of Andor

There should be a UK version, because the Aussie version is usually a re-pressing of the UK one.

Our boxed set doesn't have the "transporting" cover, just the sparkle outlines, and some of the discs lack the overprinting of art. Also no magnetic 50th insignia badge. But cheaper price point than the US set.

16. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

The late rollout of Beyond merchandise continues. Following the announcement of special edition models from Eaglemoss last week is the estimated release date of the 50th anniversary and Beyond trading cards. When i was a kid, a movie wasn't complete without trading cards![​IMG]

Therin of Andor likes this.
  17. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

The regular bluray pack for Beyond is #6 on the Amazon best-seller list 7 weeks before release.

18. ItIsGreen

Found it on Amazon, £129! Have to consider it, as I already have everything on DVD as it is....

Is it the remastered TOS or original FX?

19. PixelMagic

20. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral