Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler-heavy speculation thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by bbjeg, Apr 6, 2014.

?

What grade would you give the Marvel Cinematic Universe? (Ever-Changing Question)

1. A+

18.1%
  2. A

26.9%
  3. A-

14.6%
  4. B+

7.6%
  5. B

14.0%
  6. B-

2.9%
  7. C+

3.5%
  8. C

4.7%
  9. C-

2.9%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0.6%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

4.1%
  1. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

You sure? Where did she first appear, in an animated series?

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Yes, X-23 was created by Craig Kyle & Christopher Yost for the animated series X-Men Evolution, appearing in two episodes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-23

3. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I might be grasping at straws here but bear with me...

A Daredevil: Born Again set photo was tweeted yesterday which features a church bulletin board that has a 2020 date on it, which could potentially place the first season during the Blip.

Which might mean Karen and Foggy were Blipped.

Which would double as means for new fans to be introduced to Matt without immediately having to worry about past characters, while also delving into the theme of Matt having to deal with their losses...and then their eventual return in a following season.

Like I said, I could be grasping for straws in desperation for Deborah Ann Woll and Elden Henson to return to their roles since we know they aren't in the first season. It might be meaningless considering we already know about one recasting: Sandrine Holt will be playing Vanessa instead of Ayelet Zurer.

Thestral, Booji and Commander Troi like this.
  4. Rich Watson

Rich Watson Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The 2020 sign is a real one not set dressing.

Commander Troi likes this.
  5. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

It's entirely possible that the show will give us flashbacks to what happened to Matt during the 5 years of the Snap, so we'll be seeing past and present.

6. The Nth Doctor

That's probably the more likely explanation.

Still, a guy can hope...

7. Grendelsbayne

Grendelsbayne Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It seems Victoria Alonso's firing wasn't actually related to Marvel (at least not entirely).

She supposedly never had permission to work for another studio when she decided to work on Argentina: 1985 and even after the studio agreeing to look the other way, she continued to violate the terms of what they and she had agreed to on how to move forward.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...5670829cb8f9e0e2053aced394fb57d9da6937cf0601a

8. Rich Watson

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hmm, this really has to make you wonder what exactly happened? Possibly a combination of all of the above?

10. Grendelsbayne

Grendelsbayne Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It seems more that the issue is Disney wants you to believe she was fired for breach of contract and Alonso herself wants you to believe she was fired for the Don't Say Gay speech.

Whether we'll get any clear evidence as to which one we ought to believe or not remains to be seen.

11. The Knappos

The Knappos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The one rumour I heard is that police have already called off the search for anyone at ground level under her chain of command who are sorry to see her go.

12. Rich Watson

Daredevil was shooting in Times Square and it does look like they're doing the Mayor Fisk story.
    [​IMG]

For some reason a lot of people had "PymVanDyne Foundation" branded items as well.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
  13. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

14. Rich Watson

They could give it to Terrence Howard to make up for dumping him. Oh, wait...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrence_Howard#Abuse_and_harassment

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
  15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, it looks like his career might be coming to a quick end.

16. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

"It wasn't me! It was another Jonathan Majors from another universe!"

17. The Nth Doctor

Wow, I'm seeing all sorts of reporting in Twitter right now that a lot of people around him knew how he was.

Damn, this is pretty damn bad. I was about to wonder how Marvel didn't see this going in but I know that's how the Hollywood culture is. Keep it quiet and not talk about it until it's dragged out into the open, then act all heroic by cutting ties as if they just learned.

18. wayoung

wayoung Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Be interesting to see if this is an Ezra Miller situation where he "apologizes" and "works on himself" and stays with the franchise or they just drop him and recast. Or they go a third way, say it's all fake and he'll be vindicated, and fight it tooth and nail hoping he'll get off Roiland-style and spin it as a web of lies, regardlesa of the truth

19. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Here's an idea: how about we give slightly more of a shit that a person was assaulted than how this will affect the funny people in weird costumes movies? Just a thought.

20. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

I would suggest refraining from any judgments until more comes out on this. He's currently no longer in police custody according to CNN. He is innocent until proven guilty. If more information comes out about this that Majors is likely guilty of all he has been accused of then I agree that we should support the victim. But until then, there is just a whole lot of nuance there that we don't know about.

According to a poster above there does appear to be some inside information that this kind of behavior is not a surprise to people who know Majors. That's a big deal--but still nothing formal until people come forward publicly.

Anwar likes this.