Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler-heavy speculation thread

What grade would you give the Marvel Cinematic Universe? (Ever-Changing Question)

• Total voters
The voice for Kahhori will be provided by Amber Midthunder who was very impressive in Prey.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicb...y-star-amber-midthunder-newest-hero-reaction/
Fantastic news! I still haven't seen Prey (but I keep meaning to) but I loved her in Legion.

Marvel.com has posted a story about the Kahhori What If..? episode that features a reveal of her character design. I like it, it looks cool, and feels fairly culturally authentic, at least from the perspective of this white guy with only a little knowledge of Native American culture.
...that's literally the same article I posted and quoted from.

Considering the fact that there are probably hundreds of Marvel characters yet to be used in the MCU, it seems odd to just start making up new ones, although I suppose that particular What If premise justifies it. It is kind of weird to take the setting and main actor from Prey and use it for a What If story.

Honestly it feels like a complete waste to do a What If that has basically no connection to the MCU outside of having an Infinity Stone, but I suppose not using the premise to its potential fits Season 1 perfectly, so why would Season 2 be any different. I can't wait for "What if Phil Coulson's college roommate's second cousin won the lottery?" to be the linchpin story of Season 3. :lol:

Hmm, usually a Golden Globe win cements you for the Oscar counterpart. Oh well, the Academy probably decided that if they were giving that Everywhere movie most of the awards they may as well go for broke.

Same thing happened with "Mare of Easttown", because Kate Winslet won best actress they decided to give best supporting actor and actress to the nominees from that show too even though Evan Peters and Julianne Nicholson weren't anything special in the show.

Hmm, usually a Golden Globe win cements you for the Oscar counterpart. Oh well, the Academy probably decided that if they were giving that Everywhere movie most of the awards they may as well go for broke.

Uh, that's not how it works. Unless you're claiming they're rigged and the thousands of individual votes cast aren't counted?

Sadly, Angela Bassett lost for Best Supporting Actress Oscar but it was to Jamie Lee Curtis, part of a hopeful Everything, Everywhere, All at Once sweep.

Everything, Everywhere, All At Once, is an awesome movie and deserves every award it's won.

According to an article I read on Tor.com, it looks like we're going to be seeing Vanessa in Born Again, but she's been recast, with Sandrine Holt taking over the roll from Ayelet Zurer.

Last edited:

Not really. It doesn't always happen. Marilyn Monroe had won a Golden Glove for Best Actress for "Some Like It Hot". She wasn't even nominated for an Oscar.

Wasn't Wolverine on, like, every team simultaneously for a while?

I have a pretty good idea of how he could be re-introduced.

Deadpool is swiping left on some multiverse remote or other….and comes to a really good comics accurate cosplayer as the 90’s cartoon theme plays…and the voice actor from then—rumored to be in the picture…see:

“Whacha lookin at bub?”

Deadpool dances in place
“Oooh! Classic! …but…no..”

He makes a final swipe, the camera pans around to see Jackman…chest heaving…

—a snap cut to a closeup of Deadpool’s head..which cocks to the side:

“Perfect”

It's now being reported that Alonso was fired (and completely blindsided by it) and Kevin Feige has no say in her firing.

Back