Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler-heavy speculation thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by bbjeg, Apr 6, 2014.

?

What grade would you give the Marvel Cinematic Universe? (Ever-Changing Question)

1. A+

20.0%
  2. A

31.3%
  3. A-

14.0%
  4. B+

8.0%
  5. B

13.3%
  6. B-

2.7%
  7. C+

2.0%
  8. C

3.3%
  9. C-

2.7%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

2.7%
  1. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Between their obvious directing talents and Christina Hodson's excellent work for Birds of Prey (one of the few DC films I genuinely loved) and Bumblebee (the only good Transformer film) makes it very hard for me to believe that Batgirl wasn't a good to great film, regardless of the reports of it testing poorly (which I don't give a fuck about).

Commander Troi and Turtletrekker like this.
  2. crookeddy

crookeddy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There are also conflicting reports that it tested well, so its one of those "believe what you want" situations.

3. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ryan Reynolds is getting in shape (not that he needs it) for Deadpool, so it can't be that long before they start shooting.

[​IMG]

4. StCoop

5. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Bruce Banner will be getting a Legends episode on August 10th, prior to the lead up to She-Hulk. I wonder if it will include footage of both Norton and Ruffalo?

Commander Troi and dupersuper like this.
  6. StCoop

dupersuper likes this.
  7. StCoop

Commander Troi likes this.
  8. StCoop

Turtletrekker likes this.
  9. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I saw someone online point out that if Disney had the desire they could probably get Leslie Grace to do something with them. I don't know how she actually is as an actor, but it would be hilarious if she got into an MCU project after DC screwed over her movie. Heck, Disney should hire these directors and her to do something for them, the free publicity alone would probably be worth it.

If they want to waste money on a sequel to their worst movie that also under performed at the box office, they deserve what they get. I wouldn't even waste my time watching an Eternals sequel on Disney Plus.

10. Dee1891

Dee1891 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Huh. I hope this movie will have a plot that really impresses me. I disliked 2016's "Deadpool". I thought its story sucked. The 2018 sequel was tolerable, but not exactly earth shattering.

"The Eternals" was one of few MCU productions that I really enjoyed in the past six years. But I don't regard it as one of the franchise's best.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  11. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed.

12. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Actually they did... they did 2 episodes of Ms Marvel.

But you best believe they will be supporting Ms Marvel and the company as a whole . They most certainly would be happy to be back at their next Marvel project

13. Turtletrekker

The Eternals took some big swings and I respect it for that. That the movie never really congealed into place was the result of many factors, not the least of which was the overly bloated cast. As much as I love Salma Hayek, Kit Harington and Don Lee, I hope that in any hypothetical sequel, that they let sleeping Eternals lie and streamline the narrative focus a little bit.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
  14. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

The Eternals are like the X-Men. There are many of them and so not every story has to focus on the entire group. A movie with just the group who ended up in space would be fine by me--although at this moment I can't even remember who was in that group.

15. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

If you mean the ones that left on the spaceship, it was Thena, Makkari, and Druig, according to the Wiki. I can't support any plan for an Eternals sequel that doesn't have Gemma Chan in it.

Commander Troi and theenglish like this.
  16. Turtletrekker

They actually all wound up in space, one way or another. Thena, Makkari and Druig went out searching for other Eternals, and found Starfox and Pip. Sersi, Kingo and Phastos were taken from Earth by Arishem to answer for the death of Tiamut. Any sequel would no doubt be a rescue attempt as hinted at in the post-credit scene. If a sequel focused just on these characters, that would be great.

Sprite is no longer an Eternal and I don't know how they would bring her into the story so she's probably just better left on Earth. I'd rather see Dane develop elsewhere, such as the Blade movie, before being reunited with Sersei.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
  17. StCoop

Going by the trademark filing they're not even putting "Eternals" in the title, so it'll be interesting to see what they keep from the first and what they don't.

Given that they've hinted that Shang-Chi's rings and Ms. Marvel's bracelet are both Eternals/Celestials technology they might bring in some guest stars to entice people in. Unless they're banking on Harry Styles to do all the heavy lifting. (I'm not a teenage girl so can't speak to how successful that would be.)

18. Dee1891

Dee1891 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Including Nick Fury and Maria Hill, who had been killed by the Snap in "Infinity War".

For me, the high point of the MCU was during the spring and summer of 2014. But aside from a handful of movies, I feel as if the MCU has been on a slow death march since 2016.

fireproof78 likes this.
  19. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No way, we're finally getting to the REALLY interesting characters!

Example. You have no idea how loudly I squealed when Pip appeared. No idea.

20. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Indeed. Shang-chi and No Way Home were surprisingly enjoyable but for the most part my interest has waned greatly, especially after Civil War.