Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler-heavy speculation thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by bbjeg, Apr 6, 2014.

?

What grade would you give the Marvel Cinematic Universe? (Ever-Changing Question)

1. A+

19.7%
  2. A

34.6%
  3. A-

12.6%
  4. B+

7.1%
  5. B

15.0%
  6. B-

2.4%
  7. C+

2.4%
  8. C

3.1%
  9. C-

1.6%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1.6%
  1. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

I could see that happening. They could do a short flash back with de-aged Smith. Maybe their powers manifest later. But, I always see Reed as a more seasoned gentleman so I'm OK with them doing an origin with him at his age now. He's a healthy, youthful man for 52.

2. UssGlenn

UssGlenn Commodore Commodore

Smith has always been super picky about sequels, has he done any other than MIB? I suppose Marvel Money could be very persuasive. I'd still like to see a 1960s period piece F4. But the Lost in the Past and Found in the present bit was done by Captain America (and sort of by Captain Marvel, but not in Universe so it doesn't count). As with all these you need to come up with a good excuse why they haven't been around. So they either have to be a new team, thus the origin story, yet again, or they have been out of commission for a long time, like lost in the Negative zone since 1960s, but very little time has passed for them.

They didn't really milk Caps Fish out of Water story for as much as they could have, so it might not be retreading too much.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  3. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Booji and The Nth Doctor like this.
  4. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

On the other side of the MCU, Jameela Jamila shared footage of her practicing her fight choreography for She-Hulk on her Instagram account.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  5. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I tend to agree with this point, which is why I love this deleted seeing from the first Avengers and wish not only that it had been included, but that we had gotten more like it.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  6. The Nth Doctor

Yeah, I really love that sequence and also wish it remained in the film.

7. The Nth Doctor

Variety reports that I May Destroy You's Michaela Coel has joined the cast in Wakanda Forever.

I haven't watched that show yet but I've heard nothing but great things about it, so I'm certain this is excellent news.

8. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

9. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

That's happened a fair number of times by now, I think. Off the top of my head, Briana Venskus went from playing DEO Agent Vasquez on Supergirl to SHIELD Agent Piper on Agents of SHIELD, and Floriana Lima left Supergirl to do The Punisher season 2 (which I considered a step down in terms of how good a character she got to play). Oh, yeah, and Adrian Pasdar was both the Earth-38 Morgan Edge and AoS's Glenn Talbot, though he was Talbot both before and after Edge. Wow, all the examples I can think of are from Supergirl.

10. dupersuper

dupersuper Commodore Fleet Captain

When half the shows and movies being made are comic book/super hero stuff, it's bound to happen. Actors gotta' eat.

11. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Basically, yes.

I mean, fans connect to characters in a different way than actors do. Sure, sometimes they play a part for years and feel really connected to the character. Sometimes they'll even connect with a character when they see how much a certain part can impact viewers.
    But generally speaking, it's a paycheck for them. Especially when it's a returning character. He's Talbot for AoS fans. But I remember him most from Heroes and really had to unsee him from that to get into him as Talbot. I kept expecting a 'Flying Man!!!' from somewhere ofscreen.

12. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, yes, of course. Naturally the two largest superhero franchises would share a lot of actors. I'm not questioning or criticizing it; I just like making lists. I'm trying to remember how many times it's happened.