Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler-heavy speculation thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by bbjeg, Apr 6, 2014.

?

What grade would you give the Marvel Cinematic Universe? (Ever-Changing Question)

1. A+

18.3%
  2. A

35.8%
  3. A-

13.3%
  4. B+

7.5%
  5. B

15.0%
  6. B-

2.5%
  7. C+

2.5%
  8. C

2.5%
  9. C-

1.7%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0.8%
  1. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk Cartoon Premium Member

dupersuper likes this.
  2. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's the multiverse of madness.... so perhaps??? Instead of just one character, he does several, or all he has done with Raimi???

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

As I said, with a shared cinematic universe, it's hard to tell. Sometimes characters show up before their own movies, like Black Panther and Spidey in Civil War or Wonder Woman in Batman v Superman.

Personally, I'd prefer it if they introduced the FF in earlier movies before they got their solo film. So far, of the four existing FF movies, the least dire one is Rise of the Silver Surfer, the only one that isn't an origin story. The FF's origin story is the least interesting thing about them. They're more interesting as established heroes, the royal family of the Marvel Universe, the ultimate scientific think tank that everyone turns to with their problems. So it'd be cool if several earlier movies seeded the idea that they came to prominence during the five-year gap, basically filling the role in the MCU ecosystem that Tony Stark had vacated after Infinity War, and thereby set up a solo movie where they're already established, veteran heroes and scientific authorities. I do not want to see yet another stab at their origin.

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  5. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If you look at Spider-Man especially, the MCU avoided rehashing his origin for the third cinematic time so maybe they'll do the same again for FF? The precedent is definitely there and my bet is that this is the route they'll take.

6. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Commodore Commodore

They also went that route with Mark Ruffalo becoming Bruce Banner/Hulk and just skipping the origin story for the MCU after two Hulk movies that were probably around the same success level as the Fantastic Four films.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

They're origin is easy enough to set up in a quick prologue or even a credits sequence like they did with The Hulk in Incredible Hulk.
    OK, I wasn't sure about the timeline with those characters, so I thought they might have already been working on the solo movies for their when they appeared in the earlier movies.

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I'm not saying this is the case, just that there's no reason it couldn't be. We don't know anything for certain, so it's best not to rule anything out.

9. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

10. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

More like a large heaping dose of salt. I'll be very surprised if that report turns out to be true.

11. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

If it is true, I'll be curious to see how much they adapt from the movie and animated series and how much they adapt from the original comic.

12. DarrenTR1970

DarrenTR1970 Captain Captain

I was unaware of this, but I read today that Olivia Wilde is supposedly attached to direct an upcoming Spider Woman movie for Sony Pictures and there's a fan petition going around wanting Daisy Ridley for the part.

13. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

James Gunn was on social media again talking about Guardians 3. Will start filming the end of the year and he said Taika read Vol 3 script before writing Love and Thunder and they discussed in depth what was going on with the Guardians.

He is also halfway through filming the Peacemaker series.

dupersuper, The Nth Doctor and Booji like this.
  14. The Nth Doctor

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

So it looks like we're probably going to get a bigger gap between it and The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, than we got between TF&TWS and WandaVision. I'm a little disappoint, since I was hoping we'd go from from on to the next with only a week or two between each one.

777 likes this.
  16. Anwar

Anwar Vice Admiral Admiral

Probably thinking we'll just be even hungrier for more if there's a Spring Gap.

And of course, they're right.

17. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Could also be just that they still plan to release Black Widow in May and want all the focus on that, instead of splitting people's attention between it and Loki.

18. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

This sounds accurate.

Morpheus 02 and Skywalker like this.
  19. The Nth Doctor

...and already debunked. Shocking, I know.

20. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

Seems like we now have a release date for the first episode of Loki:

June 11th, 2021.

Caretaker likes this.