Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler-heavy speculation thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by bbjeg, Apr 6, 2014.

?

What grade would you give the Marvel Cinematic Universe? (Ever-Changing Question)

1. A+

18.3%
  2. A

35.8%
  3. A-

13.3%
  4. B+

7.5%
  5. B

15.0%
  6. B-

2.5%
  7. C+

2.5%
  8. C

2.5%
  9. C-

1.7%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0.8%
  1. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Mystique will look like someone else and Sue will be invisible.

Jinn, jbny67 and Timelord Victorious like this.
  2. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Will Mystique disguise herself as Sue, you wanted to say?

Turtletrekker likes this.
  3. Turtletrekker

Jessica Alba.

4. Grendelsbayne

Grendelsbayne Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The rumors I'm seeing claim that some news outler wrote Jennifer Lawrence was going to Australia to film Fantastic Four soon. Which seems like obvious bullshit since the director is currently working on a completely different project and marvel hasn't even officially announced a production date or release date yet.

I doubt there's anything to it at all. But if Marvel somehow has ninjaed us all with jumping straight into F4 production without anyone finding out, she could also still be any character in the movie, not necessarily Sue. Which would be good because I really don't see her as Sue, but I would definitely enjoying seeing her in the MCU.

I honestly doubt marvel wants to cast a big name known actress in that part, anyway.

5. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I discount it. We've Got This Covered is pure garbage. Get me a reliable source.

At the same time as Human Torch meets Captain America and a different Human Torch meets Killmonger.

Reverend and Turtletrekker like this.
  6. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Every week now we get one of these non-entity websites or garbage tabloids magically managing to circumvent Marvel/Disney's legendary secrecy to deliver a scoop whose main function seems to be to draw attention to them.

As has been pointed out Jon Watts is still shooting Spider-Man and will then be into post-production on it after that. The new Fantastic Four film is a long long way away from shooting.

Turtletrekker and The Nth Doctor like this.
  7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, at this point Marvel has way to much on it's plate for them to be secretly filming another movie they haven't announced yet.

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, just to play devil's advocate, the MCU introduced both Black Panther and Spider-Man in Civil War, before their respective solo films. So they could cast the FF before they started making an FF movie.

9. Turtletrekker

Brie Larson was announced as Captain Marvel in July of 2016. Filming didn't begin until January of 2018, and the movie didn't come out till 2019.

10. Christopher

Well, sure. Naturally any big movie spends a considerable amount of time in development and pre-production before filming starts. I'm talking about the possibility that a character could be cast before their solo film is even announced or officially scheduled. Their introduction in an earlier film could account for that.

11. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk Cartoon Premium Member

Just need to plant the rumor Sue will be in the next Spider-man film. Hey, Peter needs a new mentor. I think polymath Reed Richards should fit the bill. ;)

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh yeah, I always forget they like to introduce characters in a movie before their movie.
    But I'm still very doubtful about the story, I find it cast such a high profile actress in such a high profile role, and not make a big announcement.

13. Christopher

Maybe they haven't finalized the deal yet and so they aren't ready to announce. It's not impossible.

14. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Admiral Admiral

We just need her to deny it to know for sure that she has been cast.

15. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I really hope this doesn't happen. She was very bad in those last two X-Men movies, obviously no longer putting any effort into acting and being an ass about the makeup. Even if the scripts are bad, it was shitty for her to just sleepwalk through two films. Hugh Jackman was stuck with Wolverine Origins, but he still put in the same amount of effort that he always did playing Wolverine. Lawrence just collected a paycheck for Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix, while McAvoy and Fassbender kept trying their best despite the bad material.

Jennifer Lawrence, while not an amazing actor in my opinion, can do a good job when she tries. I liked her in First Class and DoFP. But once she stopped trying she was the worst damn actor in Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix. Lawrence in those two movies was a worse actor then Alba was in either of the 2000s F4 movies, and Alba was easily the worst actor in those two movies.

Nothing against Jennifer Lawrence in general, but after her terrible performances in those last two X-Men films I never want to see Lawrence anywhere near a superhero movie ever again.

16. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

In the versions I know, she enjoys being hulked out and spends a lot of time that way. I don't think there is a hard and fast rule though--the show could still have her enjoy being Hulk but only change when she is unregulated.

17. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe, but I am really hoping that despite the casting on Wandavision--that the MCU reboots the X-Men entirely.

18. Christopher

In the Slott version, she was working for a law firm whose boss insisted that he wanted Jennifer Walters, Attorney working for him rather than She-Hulk, Avenger, so she was under orders not to Hulk out on the job unless strictly necessary. And the book focused mostly on her lawyering, though she was with a division of the firm that got assigned to superhero-adjacent cases.

The TV show doesn't have to copy that, of course, but it shows that there are ways to justify a setup where she spends the majority of her screen time as Jennifer.

It's a multiverse. If they're really bringing back Molina's Doc Ock and Foxx's Electro, then they're embracing the idea of multiple realities where the same people have different appearances and biographies. So they could both acknowledge the Fox X-universe and introduce their own separate MCU X-Men.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

They do seem to like to go to the early 2000s stuff for their influences, so I could see them taking stuff from Slott's run.
    I wouldn't think she would be filming anything yet, if the deal wasn't finalized.
    The Russo Bros. have posted a bunch of Winter Soldier videos on their Instagram, one is some behind the scenes footage of the fight on the street, and then a bunch showing all of their family members' cameos throughout the movie.

20. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Morpheus 02 and Captaindemotion like this.