News Martin-Green: Star Trek And Diversity

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by AutoAdmin, Nov 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

The Matrix Trilogy for one prominent example.

You understand though that by asking us to fish for examples of a relatively rare thing (in Western media), you are in fact making the other side's point about underrepresentation in media for them, right?

cultcross likes this.
  2. ErikB

ErikB Ensign Red Shirt

Even in my own fantasies about being a Starship Captain boldly going where no person of undefined gender has gone before

3. ErikB

ErikB Ensign Red Shirt

The one where Keanu Reeves is a literal White Saviour?

Anyway, I mean more, is my family Christmas Too White.

It is only my family who are white and some random old lady who we host because she has no where else to go. We are all pretty white. Is that Too White? Should we be doing something to make it Less White? There is no LGBT representation either. Should we be addressing that issue?

4. Jinn

Jinn Mistress of the Chaotic Energies Rear Admiral

Unless your Christmas is a scripted TV show I don't see a problem there...

BillJ likes this.
  5. Locutus of Bored

You know full well we were talking about the diversity of the cast as a whole, but since you brought it up, Keanu is also of Hawaiian and Chinese descent on his father's side, so nice job promoting diversity by accident.

Oh, for the love of God. Okay, this discussion is done. Run off to Stormfront or whatever rock Bill O'Reilly is currently fighting the War on Christmas under if you want to keep peddling this bullshit. We're done with it here, or you'll end up with an infraction for trolling. You have no intention of discussing Star Trek, you just want to whine about the victimization of the white man or troll to get a reaction. And you're right, neither are welcome here.

Meanwhile, my straight white male self will celebrate Christmas with my family without any kind of manufactured drama at home or with the other people I interact with, because I'm not paranoid and antisocial.

Happy Holidays. Oh shit, sorry if that triggered you.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    cultcross, { Emilia }, BillJ and 2 others like this.
  6. ErikB

ErikB Ensign Red Shirt

What if I made a scripted TV show about my family Christmas. If I didn't add some representation for people of other faiths would that be Too White?

7. Jinn

How do you make a scripted TV show about a real event?

8. ErikB

ErikB Ensign Red Shirt

You say that, but just having a white Hero makes things Too White for some. They video game Nioh say.

9. Jinn

It's about equal representation. If your hero is white and the rest of your cast has a roughly real representation I'm okay with it.

Never heard of it.

Edit: Thought this was directed at me, sorry Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored likes this.
  10. ErikB

ErikB Ensign Red Shirt

Based on a true event.

That Dunkirk movie was based on a real event and it still drew flak for being Too White and Too Male.

11. ErikB

ErikB Ensign Red Shirt

The Last Samurai then. (Nioh was better than that tho.)

12. Locutus of Bored

I'm shutting this thread down because this troll is trying to dominate the narrative here and make it all about him and his personal issues, and it's sadly been nothing but a shitshow in this thread from the start.

ErikB, since I'm shutting this one down, I don't want to see you bringing your personal shit up anywhere else around here, or you'll get an infraction.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    gblews and { Emilia } like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.