Spoilers Legends of Tomorrow season 7

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just because they completely misquote a bible verse ("All good things") and show a few religious extremists doesn't make it a Jesus show.

It's a good thing they didn't make a drinking game out of when they misused the bible verse.... we'd have more people dead of alcohol poisoning than Covid.

Commander Troi and Guy Gardener like this.
  2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I stopped watching before the Jesusiness reared up, but I heard the very end was about trying to recover the last remnants of Noah's Ark.

That means that God is real and that she is behind everything in the show, so it's not about good fighting against evil, it's about an all powerful deity, testing us for her entertainment. God is playing both sides just like Emperor Palpatine.

As a kid... I LOVED Highway to Heaven.

dupersuper likes this.
  3. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

I quite watching after Routh was fired, maybe i give it another try

4. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll always really, really like Season 1, but Legends has gotten several more years then it deserved. For a show that became an outright spoof of itself and either lost or fired 90% of its main cast as it went along, its felt like a shell of itself for awhile. Hell, even the comedy era had become a shell of itself by the time they fired Routh (and him being fired, and not willingly leaving, was a real shitty move on the part of the people running the show). They should have been canned around Season 3, but they got 4 more years, and honestly I think they should be happy for that. It sucks for the fans that they apparently ended on a cliffhanger, that sucks, but these things happen.

Now, if only The Flash could be put out of its misery...

5. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

6. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes.. that's what we've been discussing the last 2 pages...

7. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Kinda don't even feel like finishing the last season now.

8. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Maybe they'll be a Legends of Tomorrow Baby Shower Special

dupersuper and Commander Troi like this.
  9. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I didn't know they fired Routh. What was it over? If it was something pay/contract related, then it makes it even cooler and nicer on his part that he came back for "Armageddon" on Flash.

I gave up on Legends a lot after the first season or so, can't exactly remember now when I cut it off for good. I would come back from time to time (the crossover episodes mainly) but had largely given up on the series. It had its hardcore fans, which was cool, but I was not one of them.

I think it's impressive it ran as long as it did. It felt like a kind of thrown together series, with The CW wanting to keep some fan favorite characters (White Canary, Atom, Captain Cold, Heatwave, Firestorm, to start) and actors together but not having a way to keep them in their respective origin series.

One of the best things I am glad the series did was expand on Vixen and gave her a legacy. I think that's something I don't think the comics did, and it would be great to see them incorporate that idea into a Vixen (rebooted) series or movie. DC is sitting on a successful franchise and not doing anything with it. I also loved their take on the Justice Society of America. I like it even more than the Stargirl depiction.

Commander Troi likes this.
  10. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Not sure fired is quite the right word. Routh didn't do anything wrong. They weren't unhappy with him in any way. They need to trim the budget and he was one of the more expensive actors. (having been there the longest) and they weren't dumping Lotz.

Commander Troi and DarKush like this.
  11. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks for explaining. That's a tough deal either way. I can't fault them for being forced to trim the budget and I can't really fault Routh for not wanting to be paid what he's worth, because he had to have been the biggest name on that series going into it.

12. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm kind of in the same boat, although in my case I don't know if it's worth it to finish off buying the DVDs for the series (and for Batwoman) knowing that there's going to be no resolution to the show.

Mage likes this.
  13. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

Quite so. Maybe it should be a stickie somewhere online, as a reminder to those who should "get off my lawn" ;) that things could be worse.

14. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I remember clearly watching E! News in spring of 1991 when they described the original John Wesley Shipp show as a “Flash in the Pan” after only 1 season. That was how I it learned it was cancelled. I have usually looked at all genre shows cautiously in terms of their futures. Which is another reason I am not a fan of the current model of long unresolved storylines. Any show could end prematurely.

On Legends specifically - my interest dropped drastically when Brandon Routh left. Nice that he got a proper ending and we have seen him after Legends on the Flash. I tried to continue watching but if a I missed an episode I did not even care.

I watched select episodes this season. The 100th, Reverse Flash episodes. I am a huge Booster Gold fan from the comics. But was reluctant to even watch that “season finale” because even than had huge suspicions it was not coming back.

15. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

I stopped watching around the time when they introduced that big Furby like doll ( can't remember the name) but until then the show was very funny to me. For the first one or two seasons it was a "serious" CW show like the others but when that plot ended and that Captain who put the initial team together left the show they amped up the humor and stopped taking themselves too serious.

I don't know of the quality went down after i stopped watching, i hope not because it was kind of refreshing and a good counterpoint to the pro level suffering storylines of the other CW shows.

16. Dick Whitman

For me the problem was the writers felt they needed to keep topping themselves in the ridiculous department. So that eventually that was all it become. More of a self parody. That became the constant tone and as a result no longer was surprising. Which meant less funny.

Mr. Adventure likes this.
  17. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Geek Grrl Premium Member

I *loved* this show ever since season 2, when they started to embrace the crazy. It's always lightened my week. I'm sad to see it go.

No, finish it. There were some really nice endings.

18. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I will, thankfully Dutch Netflix has the entire season 7 on it so I can just power through it.

19. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

C.E. Evans likes this.
  20. Dick Whitman

Which is proof that all fans, myself included, should stop pretending or predicting how the entertainment business works. It’s usually these type of money issues that we are not aware of at all.