Last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BlueStuff, Oct 8, 2017.

1. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Halloween Ends 2D last night at the AMC Lufkin.

May go see it again, since AMC Tyler has BigD and IMAX as options.

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Clerks III. That movie had no business being as good as it was. Smith actually delivered a movie almost on par with his best.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I watched the first Wesley Snipes Blade movie on Tuesday, and then my mom and I went to see Black Adam at the theater this morning. I enjoyed both movies quite a bit, although I will confess I fell asleep through some of the end of Blade, not because I was bored but just because I was watching at the time I occasionally doze off.

4. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

The Good Nurse last night via. Netflix. Jessica Chastain and Eddy Raymore both put in strong performances... Based on a true story and stays pretty close to those events... Very good drama, suspenseful; highly recommended... 8.5-9/10

5. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

Black Adam. It was ok.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Watched Matrix Revolutions on Thursday, and I enjoyed it a lot. Definitely a very kind of role for NPH than I'm used to seeing him do.
    Then last night I watched the original Clash of the Titans, it's just cheesy fun. I'm also planning on rewatching the remake and Wrath of the Titans later since all three are on HBOMax.

7. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A twofer,

Everything, Everywhere all at Once. Good film just a little too long, I fell asleep in the same place a character was watching the film in the film fell asleep. lol

And Flux Gourmet. Remember those bands in the 80's or 90's, they would make "music" by banging on whatever NOT instruments were laying around? Now add one bad attitude, food preparation and a bowel obstruction to the performances and there you are.

8. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

The Nightmare Before Christmas the other night on D+. Still a classic.. Nice 4K transfer. Had to get my Jack and Sally fix....

Q2

9. Delta Vega

Delta Vega Commodore Commodore

Last night I watched Spanish dubbed Charles Bronson in "Murphy's Law"
    Absolutely ludicrous

10. Maccyj571086

Maccyj571086 Ensign Red Shirt

'All Quiet on the Western Front' very good movie

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

In the last week or so I've watched the original Predator, the original Clash of the Titans, and the Clash of the Titans remake. I've watched any of them in ages, and I really enjoyed all three.
    Predator is just a big, fun, action movie, with one of the best movie monsters ever.
    The original Clash of the Titans is cheesy fun.
    I have to admit, I actually like the remake of Clash of the Titans better, they were just able to do so much more with the modern effects, and I like that one's story a little better.

12. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm in the middle of The Odessa File. Jon Voigt doing a fake German accent through the whole movie, and in some scenes it's quite obvious that it's actually 1974 despite taking place in 1963. But overall I think it's pretty solid.

Kor

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I watched Reign of Fire on Monday morning, and Wrath of the Titans last night. I enjoyed both movies, neither was amazing, but they were pretty good. I think I'd put Wrath and Clash of the Titans (2010) pretty even in terms of quality.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just watched Don't Worry Darling, and in a little while we'll be heading to the theater to see Black Panter: Wakanda Forever.

15. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

"City Slickers." Still laughed.

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I watched Oblivion, starring Tom Cruise and Olga Kurlyenko, this morning. It's a great movie, I hadn't seen it since it was in theaters, so I didn't really remember anything about it. It has one of my favorite WTF twists.

17. cooleddie74

A Christmas Story Christmas. Way better than I expected, and the ending dovetails perfectly with the original movie. I mean - the ending is a thing of brilliance.

18. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

A very enjoyable movie. I’ve never seen it before but I would probably rank it the best out of all the Robin Hood movies I have seen. I had a blast. Alan Rickman stole the show as the Sheriff of Nottingham. Every scene he was in was just fun to watch. I heard that the studio has to cut some of his material so he didn’t over stage Kevin Costner and I could see why.
    [​IMG]

The Knappos likes this.
  19. cooleddie74

Black Adam. Much better than I was expecting. One of my favorite post-2006 DC movies.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I watched up to the last 40ish minutes of The X-Files: I Want To Believe on HBOMax yesterday. It was OK so far, not amazing, but better than I was expecting from the overall response it got when it came out. My final opinion will depend on how everything is explained and tied up in the end.
    My mom and I went to see Strange World at the theater today, and it was really good. A nice story, fun characters, and a great twist that took us both completely by surprise. There are absolutely no hints of the twist in any of the promotional material, so if you plan on seeing it, I would very highly recommend avoiding spoilers, so it doesn't get ruined for you.