Is Something Wrong With Jeopardy?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Mojochi, Jan 28, 2022.

1. Timby

Timby HAVE YOU HEARD THE WORDS OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOR Administrator

Don't forget about her full-throated support of the Israeli Defense Force and its efforts to commit genocide against Palestine.

Vanyel and Amaris like this.
  2. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Shit, I'd thought I'd dreamed that.
    Wow, winning choices they have for Jeopardy, just... winners all.

3. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

While I really can't refute that assessment of Jennings, because he's got a speech impediment, he's kind of a wet mop of a person, & just doesn't have any real charisma as a host, I will say despite having been initially disappointed they were going to use him, he is infinitely more tolerable than Bialik has been imho.
    As does her smarmy & hammy readings or comments, her penchant to overstate the excitement of the gameplay, & just her general demeanor of being a geek on fire. Take. it. down. a. notch. please. At least when Jennings is hosting, it doesn't take me out of the game.

I'd rather they'd get someone like Aisha Tyler, if they want a host with genuine fun charisma. Bialik's is very phony imho

4. Timby

Timby HAVE YOU HEARD THE WORDS OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOR Administrator

Trebek always said he wanted a woman of color to take over the show, and specifically mentioned Laura Coates.

Jennings at least had / has the authority of being the greatest Jeopardy champion of all time, and he's a huge trivia nerd. He also got over the nervousness he had in his first run of guest hosting.

Bialik is an anti-vaxxer in a show about promoting intelligence, is terrible at the hosting duties (as I mentioned, the way she hesitates for a second to confirm or deny a right answer is awful, which means she doesn't even know and she's waiting for the judges to tell her through her earpiece), and is a terrible person in general.

I'm not saying Jennings is the one-stop answer to being the permanent host, as he obviously doesn't want to travel that much. But, fuck, Buzzy Cohen was right there.