Well, we all know Jellico of the worst.Here's something: Jellico is considered by many to be the strict hardass, yet he was always referring to everyone under his command by their first names.
Well, we all know Jellico of the worst.Here's something: Jellico is considered by many to be the strict hardass, yet he was always referring to everyone under his command by their first names.
Honestly Captain Jellico from TNG gets a bad rap. He gives a standing order to Riker that Riker fails to follow about simply changing shift rotations; and even Picard looks uncomfortable when Riker tries to explain that the department heads said it would cause them problems so they didn't want to do it.And he proudly displayed drawings from his kid in his Ready Room.
That can't be accurate; I have it on the highest of authorities that Picard was the utmost professional and would never fail to be completely rigid.had a tighter Style of command then Picard.
In his quarters sure but they have no place in an office or ready room. Plus the drawings were shit why would you put them on such public display?Interesting that not even Sisko did something like that, and he's the best-written father in the franchise. You'd think he'd have had mementos of him, Jake, and Jennifer in his office or quarters.
Jellico didn’t seem to have such hangups over showing pride in his kid’s work, however simplistic it might seem. People I’ve worked with over the years have no such hangups.In his quarters sure but they have no place in an office or ready room. Plus the drawings were shit why would you put them on such public display?
Perhaps it is my own lack of any sort of parental instinct but I'm unable to fathom why someone would put up children's drawings even they can't decipher in the workspace. In private sure, do whatever you want in your own home, it's your home after all. But it has no place in a professional environment.Jellico didn’t seem to have such hangups over showing pride in his kid’s work, however simplistic it might seem. People I’ve worked with over the years have no such hangups.
I strongly disagree on all points here. I’ve certainly never met anyone who saw a coworker’s dedication and love for their family as a detriment at work.But it has no place in a professional environment.
Fuck Jellico and all for which he is stood, sat or supine.
Same.I strongly disagree on all points here. I’ve certainly never met anyone who saw a coworker’s dedication and love for their family as a detriment at work.
Jellico isn't an Angel; but given the situation, nothinmgh he did was all that over the top.I like Jellico, but I’m not gonna claim he did nothing wrong. His behavior toward Riker was frankly as over the top as the crew reacting negatively towards his demands. It’s clear he and Riker just don’t really gel well together as people, which is a nice break away from Roddenberry’s silly no interpersonal conflict rule.
That MONSTER!!!He banned the Zebulon sisters from touring on starships. He would deny people the chu chu. For that he is sentenced to munching by Gorn.

Jellico isn't an Angel; but given the situation, nothinmgh he did was all that over the top.
IMO - Riker gave a REAL BAD impression when he couldn't even transition the 1701-D to a 3 shift rotation from a 4 shift rotation; whjich was the first standing order Jellico gave - and sorry but:
"All the Department heads said it would cause problems and I was going to talk to you about all this later..."
^^^
That's a truely bad and unprofessional response from Riker hands down, and if the scene even Picard is giving a "WTF - He is now your Captain and you should be able to handle this basic Order..." (and it was a basic order) look.
I mean even if the Dept. Heads are complaining, Riker SHOULDN'T have waited to inform Jellico or say "I plan to talk with you later" - he should have gone directly to tell Jellico as soon as he got resistance and told him what they're saying because for Jellico , it's part of him getting the ship ready for possible combat which they may be facing within about 48 hours.
Jellico wasn't exaggerating to Troi when he said: "I don't have time for a Honeymoon with the crew..."; as he had 48 hours to get the ship ready in a way he felt it could handle what it might be called on to do.
We use essential cookies to make this site work, and optional cookies to enhance your experience.