Is Anyone Honestly Impressed By Troi's Overrated Ability?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Defiler-Of-Redshirts, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

1. Yes, very dull.
    2, I believe the only reason Lwaxana Troi/Majel appeared at all was because she was married to the creator of the show. I dread her appearances, and they even let her defile an episode of DSN.
    3. I would at least given Troi a more important title. Diplomatic Liaison Officer or something - maybe have be assigned by the Federation Council or something to introduce some more interesting interaction between her and the rest of the crew.

2. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

3. Mutai Sho-Rin

Mutai Sho-Rin Crusty Old Bastard Moderator

I'm sure DS9 was meant. IMO, that DS9 ep was Mother Troi's high point across both series.

4. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

No, I meant Deep Space Nine (DSN) as that's how the title was written on screen in the credits, not as Deep Space 9 (DS9).

5. gakelly

gakelly Commander Red Shirt

She should have been the bartender. I thought Guinan was the absolute worst character on the show. She was the magic character that could solve any problem that anyone had ever.

6. NigellaDeanna20

NigellaDeanna20 Commander Red Shirt

to be fair though, psychology is pretty hard to try and understand or can be.

7. Noname Given

Noname Given Admiral Admiral

Well hey, she had to do SOMETHING to make up for crashing the Saucer Section in ST:GEN ;)

8. Arpy

Arpy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought they all threw her a thank you party for saving all their lives on Veridian III. :nyah: The only thing she had to make up for was forcing them to think of yet more gift ideas for saving their lives yet again. :rommie:

9. Batai

Batai Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Maybe they wanted the crew to think the ship was being run by lunatics.