I'm pretty sure season 3 will be...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by RAMA, Jun 3, 2020.

1. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Well..its not looking good. Editing is still ongoing, though it seems that they will at least be able to work from the offices if the California restrictions have been relaxed. Certainly July seems out of the question now.

RAMA

2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I will say having seen all of Season 2 minus the finale, there is maybe too much that happens that season it could be hard to keep track. Thankfully I can see the season in a week, but I almost feel like the series was stretching itself too thin. It's still pretty enjoyable though and I've been loving the storyline with the Inhumans.

Jellico likes this.
  3. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

What would it look like?

4. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

As much as I'd love to see a REALISTIC view of future tech, Trek will never be it. We could barely conceive of 24th-century tech so Trek will always underestimate it. Same with 32nd-century tech, it would be even more unfathomable to us.

So here we are, using existing Trek visual language as a shorthand of expectation. If fans are to understand what's going on, it's not going to look tremendously different. I do have some inside sources though and I'm told the future look is pretty fantastic.:techman:

RAMA

5. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

:devil:

Turtletrekker likes this.
  6. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

https://twitter.com/ChadRubel/status/1273710349561155584

One person has finished editing on the show at least.

7. TimeIsAPredator

TimeIsAPredator Commodore Commodore

I dont know as I dont have the imagination necessary but hopefully its wilder than a few new phasers. Unusual new tech has been popping up quite a bit in the CBS shows so I reckon we could see some cool stuff

8. garakvsneelix

garakvsneelix Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Oh, in my eyes, exactly this is the reason why the first half of season one is something VERY special, like a rare and precious diamond: Other than most serials with an ongoing plot, they really take the time to build up this plot. I think, some of the bigger revelations in the second half wouldn't have worked the way they worked, if the first half wouldn't have been special in this way.

9. TPezz

TPezz Commander Red Shirt

For all we know, society in 900 years has collapsed and technology is no greater than it was on Terralysium in the 23rd century :nyah: USS Discovery could be the most advanced ship in the quadrant (perhaps all those time ships screwed the timeline so much that it wiped out technologically advanced society?). Discovery could be like an Ancient Aliens style prophecy :shrug:

Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  10. TimeIsAPredator

I'de be alright with that too. 32nd century doesn't have to be better just needs to feel very different.

like maybe in the future all humans evolve into giant salamanders :lol:

11. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think it would be nice if advanced tech is littered everywhere, but due to general societal regression people don't really remember how to reverse-engineer much of it. Thus we're left with these godlike tools which simply work, treated in some sense as magical devices rather than functional tools. It has the helpful side-effect of cutting down on technobabble.

Orphalesion likes this.
  12. TimeIsAPredator

Essentially Eternia

13. YouAreDooomed

YouAreDooomed Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

They underestimated the development of computer storage capacities for a while, whereas STP reintroduced the byte for some reason after it had been replaced by the fictional quad. The computers of the 2020s from DS9 "Past Tense" also look ridiculously outdated now.

But apart from that, it was rather overestimated. Humanity of the (primary) trek timeline has cryostasis and genetically enhanced supermen by the end of the 20th century, and I doubt there will be a FTL drive within the next 40 to 50 years.

14. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral