IDW's newest plans

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by ryan123450, Jul 20, 2010.

1. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow, that sucks.

2. 8of5

8of5 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've been hunting about for more info on what Wilkinson are doing, and it seems another advantage of having a local publisher is you get a hardcover version of the Ghosts omnibus (I'm rather fond of hardcover books).

3. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

I found some of Wilkinson Publishing's copies of "Burden of Knowledge" issue #1!

IDW's US edition had a choice of three covers, but Australia only gets Cover A, by Frederica Manfredi, and the inside cover's text has been redesigned to eliminate the small insets of the three selections. The cover is printed on the same heavier stock used for the US edition of this issue. Again, the Australian barcode appears on the back cover, which has an advertisement for "Witch & Wizard: Battle for Shadowland" instead of "Ghostbusters Con-volution!" Manfredi's cover credit does not appear on the front cover, as it did on the US version of Cover A.

4. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Okay, another Wilkinson Publishing update, which may frustrate 8of5 - and mmtz, who was anxiously awaiting the arrival of an Aussie "hardcover" of "TNG Ghosts" omnibus.

I spotted the local WP compilations of "The Movie Trilogy" (IDW's ST II adaptation, and reprints of DC Comics' ST III and IV) and "TNG: Ghosts", but they were trade paperbacks, not "hardcovers". Perhaps there has been a miscommunication somewhere, with someone trying to differentiate between paper comic covers (ie. individual issues of "TOS: Burden of Knowledge") vs trade omnibuses with cardboard covers?

5. 8of5

8of5 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I am indeed disappointed! I've yet to get any IDW trades as I get all the singles. But I plan to get the Motion Picture Trilogy and John Byrne's Romulans (should they ever print that) at some point as they offer something new and I wouldn't have hesitated to track down an Australian edition if it meant I could get them in hardcover.