I Don't Understand Enterprise Vulcans.

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by The Master of Tarquin Hill, Nov 26, 2013.

1. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

I still apply the whole Oscam's razor thing here. It's easier for me to believe that Spock send T'Pring some kind of regular communication than to think that she was getting some kind of telepathic/instinctive summons. I'm not entirely opposed to the idea of there being a more involved and intense telepathic bond between mated Vulcans, but I don't think that's something we've really seen. It's just a big leap to jump to assumptions.
    I do like the idea that Stonn was T'Pring's bridesmaid though lol

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I assumed they were like salmon.

3. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Spock says as much.

4. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    I can't see them as being in regular communication. For one thing, the most recent picture Spock has of T'Pring is of her as a 7-year-old child. For another, T'Pring spoke of Spock as "almost a legend." She acted as though she didn't really know him except through what she heard on the news and whatever gossip made the rounds on Vulcan. She wouldn't have said those things if they'd been exchanging regular letters or tapes.

Yep. Telepathic salmon. :p

5. borgboy

I definitely don't think that Spock and T'Pring had any regular commuincation, ever. I do think he sent her a text or whatever when they got in orbit of Vulcan so she'd know when to show up for the wedding. I don't know that I believe at all that instinct would tell her when to show since Spock was ready to mate a long time before he actually got to Vulcan.

6. teacake

Oh yes, that's right Spock did say that!

7. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

It's very simple-

A) The men on board have morals.

B) Many of them are probably married (like Phlox) or have somebody back home.

C) They pleasure themselves.

8. borgboy

I agree with the three above reasons given, and will add a fourth, that some number of the crewmen would be gay and not attracted to T'Pol. Not the main characters.

9. teacake

You don't take advantage of a drunk or pon farr'd crewmate.

10. borgboy

Isn't there a point if his or her mating options run out, where helping your Vulcan buddy thru pon farr is a life saving situation like giving CPR?

11. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

^Perhaps. But, what would happen afterward (i.e., what are the repercussions?) I suppose that Trip could have helped her.

12. borgboy

Better an awkward morning after than a dead Vulcan.
    I'm only advocating this as a last resort life saving measure for a willing Vulcan, not making light of a person with compromised consent issues. As long as there was an option to get him/her to their intended spouse, that is the right thing to do.