How would you do a VOY movie today?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Arpy, Jun 21, 2020.

1. ThreeEdgedSword

ThreeEdgedSword Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

As for plot. I'd like the time cops to finally wake up and get around to deal with what was done in Endgame... At the very least, they search out the captain and senior staff to make them fix something that their change of the future fucked up...

2. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

That could be possible.

No way that I would watch a movie with some third-rate 2020's "Britney Tyrelips" actress trying to portray Kes! :mad:

And please no more energy being mumbo jumbo. It was bad enough as it once was.

In that case it's better to leave Kes out of it. And then we are back to not making the movie at all.:shrug:

3. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

redo Year of Hell as a standalone film. new cast.

4. TimeIsAPredator

TimeIsAPredator Commodore Commodore

Maybe they have to go back to the DQ when they realise they forgot Borg Baby somewhere and have to find him cause hes in trouble.

Star Trek:Voyage Home Alone

ThreeEdgedSword likes this.
  5. ThreeEdgedSword

ThreeEdgedSword Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

He/ she has united with the salamander offspring and the gang are now devastating the DQ because of their abandonment issues.

WarpTenLizard likes this.
  6. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Starfleet receives a distress call from Neelix who states there is great danger to his people, and possibly the Delta Quadrant. Fearing a Borg resurgence, Starfleet sends Admiral Janeway with a fleet, with Chakotay commanding one of the ships. Tuvok is sent from the Romulan border to meet with them. They attempt to open a transwarp conduit only for it to destabilize and suck them in. The network is completely unstable, causing havoc and damage across the quadrant.

The Voyager crew sets out to fix it while the Hirogen lead a fleet to seize as much Borg technology as possible to keep fighting in the chaos.

7. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like this but I would go with Hirogen. who have gotten in bed with the female Caretaker. She is helping them hunt the entire quadrant.

Jason

8. Arpy

Arpy Vice Admiral Admiral

It's been long enough now that a number of young characters are of age to play significant roles.

• Tom and B'Elanna's baby: Miral Paris. Other children?
    • Naomi Wildman.
    • Icheb....whether the memory of him (see PIC) or the character.
    • (The other Borg children?)
    • Neelix's adopted son Brax and maybe biological children with Dexa from "Homestead."
    • Tuvok has three sons with T'Pel (including one named Sek) and one daughter (Asil).

Kes could only live 9 years or so, right? Is she deceased? Does she have a child who might play a part?

Is Admiral Janeway retired or three-star by now? Twenty years is a long time.

Have she and Chakotay gotten hitched (you're welcome, 'shippers)? Do they have children? (I imagine a baby boom for much of the crew after they settle home, get to plant roots.)

Per "Endgame," is Harry a captain about to take a long mission into deep space?

Is the Doctor now "Joe"?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  9. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

If I was making a Voyager movie now, it would be about how they got home the first time. (Before Admiral Janeway messed with time.) That way everyone would be more or less age-appropriate for their roles and I might get a more emotionally satisfying finale. ;)

10. Arpy

Also more poignance to the original ending...given that Janeway then erases it. And we’d get some deaths — Chakotay’s, others’. And a different life for Seven and Icheb.

11. TimeIsAPredator

Nope Harry is still an ensign

12. TimeIsAPredator

Ha us regular humans would stand no chance against those highly evolved future humanamanders

13. Lynx

First of all, it don't have to be that far off as 20 years in the past. But let's start with the children.

Miral and Naomi, well maybe. if they aren't at Starfleet Academy.

Icheb has unfortunately been destroyed in that pitiful doom and gloom series which unfortunately has the same name as one very prominent Starfleet captain:

Neelix's family or what it was are still on that asteroid if they haven't gone back to Talax.

Tuvok's children? Well maybe one or some of them.

As for Kes, in the episode "Coming Home", the best Voyager episode that never was, she was given a human lifespan by Q so she's still around.

Janeway is a three -star admiral in charge of Voyager.

I can imagine Janeway and Chakotay being "hitched". Children? Maybe but not on the ship.

The Doctor is not called "Joe" (what a ridiculous idea from those in charge) but now known under his full name Lewis Shmullus Schweitzer Zimmerman!

14. fireproof78

A three star just in charge of one ship? O_o Hopefully a fleet.

15. Lynx

Well, then we must find a way to have her demoted so she can be in charge on Voyager.

16. Arpy

Isn’t the VOY lit about a task force of Voyager and a couple of other ships sent back into the Delta Quadrant to reestablish relations? That works for me. You could put Janeway there in charge or in a diplomatic role. (No, I have no idea how they get them to the DQ without radically altering travel in the Star Trek Universe.)

There’s also the issue of the Sikarian trajector assimilated by the Borg in PIC....I’m still unclear how far the Borg have expanded in the DQ if they’ve assimilated the Sikarians — Season 1 aliens from “Prime Factors.” The whole landscape might be very different. Maybe with their trans warp hub (whole subspace network?) destroyed they recommitted to assimilating more locally? ...that actually fits themes in a post-COVID world where we may not travel as freely as we used — for a while, or ever, if businesses focus on virtual techs.

17. fireproof78

Or, she just commands a task force and ends up on Voyager as her flagship.

Lynx likes this.
  18. Arpy

Maybe Voyager is a secondary ship in the task force, there to prove to the locals that it’s really them, and they’re back. Maybe it’s commanded by a captain and retired Admiral Janeway and her crew are mission consultants. And the flagship is commanded by a fleet captain/commodore/admiral.
    Maybe there’s a dance for power with the flagship and its commander. And maybe at some point Voyager becomes the command ship when the flagship is destroyed.

19. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I think we're all missing the most important question! Is Molly still alive? I would hope so, it'd be a bummer if humans were the only species on Earth to enjoy longer lives than we have now.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  20. Arpy

I'm rewatching "Endgame" and some details I forgot:
    • Janeway is a three-star admiral.
    • Tom is a holonovel writer.
    • B'Elanna is Federation liaison to the High Council.
    • Miral Paris is a gold-shirt ensign in Starfleet.
    • Tuvok has a degenerative mental disorder and is in a hospital.
    • Harry just got back from captaining a four-year mission.
    • The Doctor is celebrating two weeks with new wife Lana.
    • Naomi Wildman has a maybe 10-year old daughter Sabrina.
    • Barclay is a commander and teaching about the Borg (maybe other things?) at Starfleet Communications (the Academy?).