How Do You Take Your Coffee?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Vorta, May 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Black, white. Hot,cold. Sweet,bitter. I'm not fussy. Just never weak. And chilli chocolate is scrummy.

2. Captain Ice

Captain Ice Cookie Constructor Admiral

Getting Captain Ice on to the naughty list

Damn it, now I'm going to have to do mole and Mexican coffee for dinner tonight or tomorrow....

MLB, you have no idea what kind of goodness you're missing.

If you watch The Perfect Game, the movie about the only perfect game ever thrown in the Little League World Series, there's a scene where the team makes mole in a diner in McAllen, Texas (and simultaneously manages to make a comment about racism in the Deep South).

3. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

Or New Mexico, and avoid the hassle of passports and such (most of the time.. LOL)... There are some amazing places to get good, authentic Mexican food here, but you have to look beyond the typical touristy spots.

As for Mexican chocolate, there's a cool little place up here in Santa Fe that serves nothing but hot chocolate and a few homemade chocolate candies. They specialize in "historic" traditional chocolate drinks including the stuff the indigenous Mexicans drank before the Spainards arrived.

Kakawa Chocolate House

4. ngc7293

ngc7293 Commander Red Shirt

...Out the window, Straight Up.........don't like coffee :D

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I take my coffee like my women. When the lights are out I quietly sneak into the room...

6. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Commodore Commodore

Black and sweet. :)

7. { Emilia }

{ Emilia } Cute but deadly Moderator

That's pretty much how I drink mine but I don't mind Espresso Macchiato either.

What I absolutely can't stand is filter coffee or basically any coffee abomination from Starbuck's. The fact that they're trying to take hold in Europe is disgusting considering our bar (Southern Europe) and coffee house (Central Europe) tradition. Starbuck's can sod off.

I love Bicerìn. Can't argue with Cavour in that regard. Sadly I'm regrettably far away from Turin.
    I have a bottle of Bicerìn liqueur here, though for when I'm in the mood for something sweet.

8. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

Yup. Starbuck's executives should be hanged, drawn and quartered. And they call their servers "baristas". The gall.

I can never be far away from Turin. I was born there, so it's always here with me, in my heart. The snow-capped mountains, the cold blue skies, the Mole Antonelliana, the gianduja chocolate...

9. { Emilia }

Well, I think something similar can be said about Italian food in the US. It's all fake and horrible compared to the real deal. And come on: Italian chain restaurants? Yuck.
    That's the big cultural divide right there. ;)

That's how I feel about Bologna even though I wasn't born there. I do love Venice a lot (apart from Veneto's focus on "sghei" (money)) but Bologna will always be magical to me.

And Turin is awesome with its laid back style and baroque architecture. One of my favourite cities in Italy but then again I love Italian cities in general.

10. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

The only real Italian chain restaurants are Italian moms aborad. ;)

Bologna is magical. After I spent a few years in Milano, I couldn't wait to be back again. Doesn't matter where you were born: one night in Bologna, forever a Bolognese. And talking about coffee, have you ever been at the Ambasciatori? (library-cafe-restaurant just behind via Rizzoli)? They have an excellent selection.

11. { Emilia }

Haha, so true.
    I do love cooking for friends and family, too, though. And Germans seem to be quite impressed by a real Italian meal.

But of course. I can't resist a library-cafe combination. :p
    I've probably tried every bar within reasonable walking distance from Via N. Sauro. :p

12. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Santa Fe might be on the list of places I might visit, but I like an excuse to travel.

Re: Italian Food: There are actually good Italian restaurants, they just don't advertise themselves as good Italian restaurants. They just happen to be people of Italian heritage who learned from their parents and grandparents how to cook.

Things like Olive Garden are bad, but they're the kind of "Americanized" best you can get in some places. It would be pretentious of me to expect people to go to some place better when there isn't a place better.

13. think

think About it! Premium Member

almost started a Coffee post but then --- again ==== searched the forum for coffee... there are two coffee threads started this year by people that is the year 2012 :)

right?

this is the later thread from 2012

I don't like coffee...but I like caffeen so I drink coffee because there is the pill form that well. Kills the stomach when used to the max... so yeah... I drink coffee... starbucks black-eye coffee is where it is for me. (black eye= two shots of espresso in a venti) (red eye one shot expresso in a venti cup. )))

I drank DD coffee today cuase it was there. box of joe. you know.?

---- continue ====

14. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Black, extra sweet, is my standard choice. Sweetened with either sugar, honey, or caramel.

15. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Milk, no sugar.

16. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

A couple shots of espresso from a small-batch craft roaster, with either a bit of sweetener or steamed milk (not both). No big chains or mass-produced stuff such as Starbucks, Lavazza, Illy, etc.

Kor

17. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

Raktajino - extra sweet. :klingon:

18. think

think About it! Premium Member

two day old ... from the pot of Columbian maxwell house..I had made.. cold. room temp with milk and three sweet and lows in a large soda cup :) plastic soda cup saved from a 7-11 slurpee ---

but wait we have to talk about this in the .. mmmm food and drink thread? anyway what ever.. --- it is all good

19. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Pitch black.

20. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

Black double sweet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.