Hemsworth confirms that he is in ST4

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by RAMA, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Hythlodeus

Hythlodeus Commodore Commodore

And in those comics he looked like Chris Hemsworth. So I don't see a problem.

2. Paradise City

Paradise City Commodore Commodore

Sure but I carry the same name as my uncle. So two Peters or even two Jims could be within the same general family circle. This wouldn't be uncommon.

3. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

He can play the role of future David Marcus, fallen back in time who cheated on the Genesis device (again) and threatens the safety of billions.

4. Laura Cynthia Chambers

Laura Cynthia Chambers Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Another race may have developed it separately and earlier chronologically. Or Section 31's been busy.

What if dead George Kirk drifted into a wormhole to the Delta Quadrant and was found by the Kobali, only to re-emerge later on the Alpha side of the hole?

saddestmoon likes this.
  5. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

They're still non canon, and they were blatantly ignored and contradicted in STID.

6. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

Apart from the Tribble and the ship they got from Mudd's half Bajoran daughter.

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't see how Genesis could possibly be worked into this, as there obviously wasn't a Genesis device on the Kelvin. And as you say, there'd have to be something left of George to work from, and there's no chance of that either.

8. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

Two openings inherent in the plot of the 2009 movie (even if extremely silly both) for the elder Kirk to survive:

1) Nero beams him out. He then escapes from the Narada at some point before the rig's destruction. Or travels through the final timehole after the rig's apparent destruction, for that matter.

2) Those mysterious Klingons mentioned to be lurking nearby beam him out.

Timo Saloniemi

9. Smellmet

Smellmet Commodore Commodore

Let's face it, it's gonna be time travel. Meh.

Mr. Laser Beam likes this.
  10. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Flashback scenes.

11. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

I only kind of half read the last few posts and suddenly thought we were going to get remake of the TNG episode Genesis.

Well it would certainly be different.

12. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm cool with it.

Mr. Laser Beam likes this.
  13. Smellmet

I thought it was done well in the 2009 movie, in that it set up the premise then the film moved on from there. I dunno, I find time travel stories more miss than hit these days. If they're not careful enough to write a compelling story then we could end up with another mess like terminator genysis.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  14. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

The best time travel stories are those where the "rules" are incidental and little to no time is spent dwelling on them. Otherwise, they invariably fail to withstand scrutiny.

Khan 2.0 and Greg Cox like this.
  15. jaime

jaime Vice Admiral Admiral

Jim's, Jamie's, James, Jim-Bobs....practically every male on my father side has one of these as first or middle name, with precisely zero clarity. It's a good thing we are essentially antisocial and many of us have never met each other...it still gets confusing even then when older members of the family talk 'Jamie...that is Jim-boys Jamie, not my Jamie....' we have more Jim's than a whisky drinking cowboy with a sweet tooth and a fitness chain.

16. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Me, too. Time travel has a pretty good track record where Trek is concerned: The Voyage Home, First Contact, Future's End, Little Green Men, Trial and Tribble-ations, Yesterday's Enterprise, Tapestry, All Our Yesterdays, Tomorrow is Yesterday, and, oh yes, City on the Edge of Forever. Star Trek and time-travel go together great.

Says the guy who has gone to that well in at least three novels. :)

Mike Have-Not and Khan 2.0 like this.
  17. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

Kind of hoping for Mirror Universe myself.

18. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

What about Kirk at the beginning of STID stating the fact that no one was killed since he took command of the Enterprise? Casualties started mounting in the first story the comics did. Besides, Mudd's ship was used in the comic prequel to the movie, at that point they knew the movie's story and were adding elements from it into the comic. As for the Tribble, that wasn't one of them from that comic story. How could it be, none of those were killed.

19. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why would McCoy use a tribble that died from uncontrollable natural causes? For his experiment on Khan's blood, he'd want a tribble he knew was dead. Properly, fully, by his own steady hand. :devil:

Timo Saloniemi

20. Smellmet

Some good TV episodes there, and I'd argue that TVH and 09 were successful big screen time travel stories. First Contact, whilst an entertaining flick falls apart under even the most basic of scrutiny, and the less said about the infernal Nexus the better, so I'd still called it a mixed bag as far as the films go.

That being said, another revenge villain storyline is most definitely not what's needed, and could easily bury the franchise. The story needs to feel important, a must-see. That's the main thing the writers need to aim for in my opinion. Star Trek Beyond (which I love by the way) sailed close to Insurrection territory, in that the premise wasn't compelling enough.

Khan 2.0 likes this.