• Welcome! The TrekBBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans.
    If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Happy 25th Birthday, Enterprise! "Broken Bow" aired 25 years ago tonight

The Forge, Awakening, and Kir'Shara made me appreciate how the Vulcans were portrayed throughout the series.
Agreed. Like most if not all of the fourth season, I felt it was being run by people who understood Trek, namely Manny Coto and the Reeves-Stevens, and they weren't afraid to acknowledge the rest of the STU.

Reminds me of when I saw Robert Plant in concert back in 1988 and he told the crowd, "You know, it's come to my attention that I was in another band before this." The crowd went bananas. He went on to play several Zep songs, which he hadn't done up till then in his solo career.​

The Vulcans in general and Soval - and let's not forget T'Pol! - in particular got a pretty good payoff that couldn't have happened without the early adversarial stuff. If you wanna grow, you gotta start off small. Something like that.

I also had a huge soft spot in my heart for the whole "Syrrannites" arc as it owed a lot to various other works, with at least a little nod to Diane Duane's novel Spock's World, as well as some other books - I remember reading one that included the idea of a "Katric Ark" almost 40 years ago. Flag Full of Stars? Maybe. I'll look it up later.

I am, both consciously and otherwise, still folding my take on the Vulcans' portrayal in ENT into my overall lifelong opinion, which essentially boils down to "We like Vulcans."

cheers
 
Last edited:
I just finished watching "The Andorian Incident" for the first time in a little while...

More cool stuff.

Sneaky Vulcan monks, a bunch of pissed-off Andorians and of course Jeffrey (West. Herbert West.) Combs with our friendly Enterprise crew caught smack-dab in the middle.

What's not to like?

cheers
 
The two redheaded bastard stepchildren in the old Trek basement are now becoming more valued members of the family, especially ENT. The prequel series took off with new streaming fans in a way I never saw coming even a decade ago.
ENT and DS9 or did DS9 pass that torch to Voyager as the red-headed step child. I think Voyager has been one of the top series on streaming though for the last decade or so?
 
Oh god, I remember when TOS turned 25.

*ages visibly*
That's one of the things of being a Trek fan. One of the series or movies is always having an anniversary, and you see stuff posted about it and think "that can't be right." Then you think back, and sure enough, it's been 30 years. :lol:
 
That's one of the things of being a Trek fan. One of the series or movies is always having an anniversary, and you see stuff posted about it and think "that can't be right." Then you think back, and sure enough, it's been 30 years. :lol:
Here's another splash of cold water:

Discovery turns 10 next year.

"that can't be right."
 
The original teaser trailer is already 10!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
 
Twenty-five years ago, Enterprise ushers in a new look at Klingons, and the first one we all get acquainted with is named...Klang. From the House of Kerplunk, perhaps??? :guffaw:
 
If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Sign up / Register


Back
Top