The Temporal Cold War was a mess that never added up to anything.
Agreed. I tend to ignore it. I always thought the writers/producers felt that they MUST have a long-running arc and unfortunately, came up with this. It always felt forced and poorly executed.
Compared to the TCW, I thought the Xindi arc was far more interesting, while I certainly had misgivings about it at the time.
I'm a huge fan of Ronald Moore's BSG relaunch, which is, perhaps, the best post 9/11 allegory of all.
I watched "Broken Bow" last night, and it had been a few years since I watched the whole thing straight through. This too, has aged well.
It introduced us to the cast organically. Bakula shone, giving us a mixture of impetuousness and a "By God we're going to get the job done!" attitude that was not without thoughtfulness.
I'm not crazy about how the Vulcans were portrayed as such adversaries throughout the series, but the friendship between Archer and T'Pol got a good start. The initial friction probably helped the way it came across.
And on a lighthearted note, I know it’s not him, but Future Guy’s voice always makes me think of John “Dean Vernon Wormer” Vernon, also of
Dirty Harry (1971) and
The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976) fame, to name but a very, very few.