GhostBusters 3 is Finally Being Made. (2020 Release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Kane_Steel, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Ocanain

Ocanain Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Why so passive aggressive Mr. Mackey?

2. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

:lol: Hardly. I don’t do passive-aggressive. Don’t have the time or patience for playing little kiddie drama games. I’m all about aggressive-aggressive.

I just simply don’t care.

3. Ocanain

You are demonstrating the direct opposite to everything you’re saying here. Time to practise what you preach methinks.

4. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Again, don’t care.

Turtletrekker and The Wormhole like this.
  5. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

And what exactly made this a "feminist edition?" And I'm guessing you're going with the modern/popular notion of what "feminism" is and that's interpreting it as "man hating" and not "women should be treated like equal human beings so we should ALL be "feminist."

Turtletrekker likes this.
  6. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

There is no objection to feminism worthy of an intelligent person's respect.

ThankQ, 1001001 and Booji like this.
  7. Ocanain

I’m inferring an underlying narrative of third and fourth wave feminist ideology.

Some of that is in fact misandrist and feminism has countless proofs that it is not about sheer equality from the ignorance to male victims of domestic abuse to intersectional views on the imaginary patriarchy. Other elements of feminism frame women simultaneously as victims and women of independence as illustrated in the movie. The fallacy that feminism is simply equality is demonstrated by all feminist groups and is one of the primary reason that a minority of individuals label themselves as feminists.

Other than, in my view, that Ghostbusters-the feminist edition is simply a bad movie, it is also saturated with feminist dogma and in fact blamed men for its bad reception. It’s worth saying too that post modern intersectional feminism isn’t simply misunderstood to a modern audience, it’s an entitled contradiction and one that most reasonable people are not interested in.

I challenge you to mention one right men have that women do not because I can mention a hundred examples of how feminism is not about equality. Even so though, the movie sucked.

8. Ocanain

Of course there is. That’s nothing but elitist indoctrination talking. Feminists can’t even agree with other feminists.

9. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

"Third and fourth wave feminist ideology" of course.

I challenge you to mention one right men have that women do not because I can mention a hundred examples of how feminism is not about equality. Even so though, the movie sucked.[/QUOTE]

And, naturally, you don't get it.

Feminism isn't about what rights one group has over another because we all have the same rights, it's about their treatment in society and women in society are still treated as secondary citizens. They get paid less, they have to work harder to achieve the same things men do and they're, oh... Dismissed and waved away in Presidential press conferences more often.

They have the same rights but large segments of society don't treat them like it.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  10. Ocanain

And, naturally, you don't get it.

Feminism isn't about what rights one group has over another because we all have the same rights, it's about their treatment in society and women in society are still treated as secondary citizens. They get paid less, they have to work harder to achieve the same things men do and they're, oh... Dismissed and waved away in Presidential press conferences more often.

They have the same rights but large segments of society don't treat them like it.[/QUOTE]

Oh I get it all too well.
    By your inference it’s about equality and although that claim is false, that is about the inequality of one group over another.

Furthermore none of the points you make are true in the slightest. Women are not regarded as second class citizens, the gender pay gap is a proven myth and the opposite is in fact true of having to work harder to achieve value and benefit.

Feminists don’t look for ‘equality’ in dangerous jobs or working the same hours as men, they don’t seek equality of family or welfare, they don’t seek equality in domestic violence, suicide or sexual assault. The comment about being waved away in presidential conferences is simply absurd.

As far as second class citizens is concerned, intersectional views put the white male at the bottom of their Marxist minority olympics and that pertains to value so the very source of your philosophy is a contradiction. Women have equality but feminists still play victim while they exercise entitlements. Your assertions are simply false.

11. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

12. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I wish I could watch the new Ghostbusters movie right now. :)

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  13. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

No shit, this guy comes in responding to a post from a year ago, obviously doesn't give a damn about GB 3 just wants to rant.

Turtletrekker and The Nth Doctor like this.
  14. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

I strongly urge everyone to return to discussing the actual topic - Ghostbusters 3 - and avoid the sidebars.

Ocanain likes this.
  15. ThankQ

ThankQ Fleet Admiral Admiral

Correct.

Also correct.

If you haven't seen RedLetterMedia's Plinkett review of GB16, you need to. Sounds like you could have written it.

Where's Jay Cutler when you need him? Oh! Right here:

[​IMG]

Dennis isn't elitist. He just thinks he's better than everyone else.

Okay, that's just a dumb thing to say. All Ford owners don't agree on everything, all Arizona Cardinals fans don't agree on everything, all gardeners don't agree on everything. There's only one large group of people in Earth's history who blindly agree with each other and walk lock-step and never think for themselves. MAGA Hats.

16. Ocanain

Cars and gardening don’t run on ideology. Besides feminists can’t even agree on their core ‘values’.

What a fascinating view of Trump supporters you have. Wrong but fascinating.

17. Grendelsbayne

Grendelsbayne Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So, you're saying that Trump supporters don't blindly agree with each other just like feminists don't blindly agree with each other? I thought it was supposed to be a bad thing that the feminists didn't agree with each other.

Turtletrekker and The Nth Doctor like this.
  18. Ocanain

Trump isn’t an ideology.

19. Grendelsbayne

Grendelsbayne Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He seems to think he is.

20. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Not everyone; just the same folks that most other people are better than. :lol:

ThankQ likes this.