GhostBusters 3 is Finally Being Made. (2020 Release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Kane_Steel, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I've been worried about our little local theater and the Family Video rental store. I'm pretty confident the big chain theater will be OK.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow, you actually have a video rental store in your area? I didn't think they even existed anymore.

3. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Our AMC was a decent one, but got took over by Odeon a couple of years back. (At least some of the staff stayed and things haven't changed much, but the prices went up a little:( )

We don't have any local rental places anymore either. The last shut about five years ago.

4. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Even if it was announced tomorrow that everything was fine and we can go back to normal I don't think everyone is going to feel secure enough to put themselves out there so quickly. I'm not sure i'll ever cough or sneeze the same way again so I'm sure it will impact other areas of our lifestyle. I sure as hell will stop eating bats for lunch.

I think it will be a gradual thing for people to return to the theater. So many people I talk to who didn't have an online streaming platform have now got or are in the process of getting it and discovering that "oh, they show new movies on this too". Cinema will never go away but instead of it being a boutique for smaller movies I think it will be dominated by the likes of disney and...disney.

5. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, Disney already pretty dominates it at least in certain circles. In areas where you have less theatres, less multiplexes, less choice of where to go, it's easy to be dominated by Disney. Smaller movies are already being squeezed out.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Bats have nothing to do with COVID-19, it came from Pangolins.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  7. Saul

Thanks, I'm glad you took my comment seriously enough to correct me on that. I will continue to eat bats for lunch.

Yeah, but I imagine even more from now on as those are the biggest money makers that will get asses back in seats and kick start cinema again.

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sorry, I love bats and people are wanting to just go out and start slaughtering them, so this is kind of a sore spot for me.

9. Saul

That's OK.
    I had no idea that people are wanting to do that, really?

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's what heard.

11. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

Well, one silver lining to the delay: 2021 - 30 years without a ghost sighting = 1991. So we (fans, at least) can now squeeze the Ghostbusters video game back into this film's canon too. Sure, we lose the excellent IDW comics, but we can chalk that up to the whole multiverse business.

12. Ocanain

Ocanain Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Anything to wash the taste of the feminist edition out of my mouth.

13. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

:rolleyes:

14. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I know, seriousy?!

15. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

It wasn't so bad; it had some good moments. Its core flaws were not in the all-female cast, believe me! :lol:

16. EnderAKH

EnderAKH Commodore Premium Member

Amen. I actually love all of the players involved (except Feig) and wanted to love it, so I was so sad when I didn't. The best part, to me, was Chris Hemsworth, which came as quite a surprise.

Turtletrekker and 137th Gebirg like this.
  17. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I love the core cast (especially Kate McKinnon, duh) but I was disappointed by the relatively weak script. I enjoyed it a lot more the second time when I watched it last year. It's far from awful.

18. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

It had a decent cast (I'm not a fan of Melissa McCarthy) but the humor in it was terrible, the story was terrible and it just wasted a lot of time on stuff that didn't matter. There was some review of it somewhere (I think The Nostalgia Critic) how the movie spends so much time in the first few minutes talking about the museum, the ghost haunting the museum, it's the catalyst that gets our group together (the equivalent of the library ghost) but it takes the movie over 30 minutes to get to end of that little tangent and it doesn't matter to anything else going on. We learn all about this ghost, spend so much time with these museum caretakers and none of it matters!

Compare that to how much time is spent on the library ghost in the original movie and how it just sets everyone on the path to being ghostbusters. It does it half the time.

And the improvisational humor in the movie is just largely not funny.

19. Ocanain

Ocanain Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It’s worth mentioning that I’m not referring to the all female cast, I’m referring to the feminist edition of Ghostbusters.

20. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Mkay...