Spoilers Game Of Thrones’ Spinoff ‘House Of The Dragons’ ordered to series

In the Book,
Blood didn't just give in right away, he was tortured for days before revealing the truth, and died because of the torture. Blood and Cheese were also hired by Mysaria on orders from Daemon not by Daemon himself. But since the book is meant to be a in-universe history book, differences can be waved away easily.

It's also an adaptation, there will always been references

Yes, and GRRM has said he considers Game and House to be what actually happened whilst the books are what history recorded.

In the Book,
Blood didn't just give in right away, he was tortured for days before revealing the truth, and died because of the torture. Blood and Cheese were also hired by Mysaria on orders from Daemon not by Daemon himself. But since the book is meant to be a in-universe history book, differences can be waved away easily.

It's also an adaptation, there will always been references
I recently re-read some of the book to refresh my memory and I did think it surprising that
that Larys laid out the instruments of torture, in keeping with the book, but then he was simply killed by the blow to the head. At least, I assume it would’ve killed him.

Yes, and GRRM has said he considers Game and House to be what actually happened whilst the books are what history recorded.
You'd think it would be the other way since reality tends to be far more complicated than what history records. Plus the books have the benefit of being inside of the characters' minds, which recorded history can't claim aside from diaries.

In Fire and Blood specifically there are a number of times where it's like the ending of Clue, where it could have happened like A, or B, or C, and it seems like he considers Games as novels about historical events, similarly to how we might look at Pillars of the Earth, and The White Queen/Princess, whereas in the shows were watching the events themselves play out.

Ah, didn't know that. I've only read A Song of Ice and Fire. The rest have never appealed (although I know some day I should read the Dunk & Egg stories).

I guess that allusion works for House of the Dragon, but I maintain my point for A Song of Ice and Fire. Not that it really matters.

I've noticed that this series is less graphic than GoT was, which I'm fine with, sometimes I think GoT went too far
I noticed this as well. There's been some shots of Alicent in the bath in recent episodes, and they've always tastefully shot around her. Older GoT would've made it a point to show her nude.

Watching the intro for this week, I noticed the ending changed slightly as the story progresses.

Episode 1 and 2 had the final tapestry scene of Vhager killing Luke and Arrax. Episode 3 has a woven funeral of Jahaerys the Younger, with a thread weaving though his neck.

Just something to keep an eye out for.

Aegon II is such a rich fratboy while his brother is so emo. It was so good to see more scenes of those two characters. The actors playing those characters are doing a good job. The two brothers are so different from each other.

As for Rhaenyra,
it was very foolish of her to go to King's Landing and try to talk to Queen Alicent. There was a million ways where things could have gone wrong for her. I know they were friends but still it is very dangerous and dumb move if you ask me.

Well for Alicent,I think that she realized that she might have misheard her late husband's dying words but it is too late now. The wheels have been set in motion and she cannot stop them now.

Watching the intro for this week, I noticed the ending changed slightly as the story progresses.

Episode 1 and 2 had the final tapestry scene of Vhager killing Luke and Arrax. Episode 3 has a woven funeral of Jahaerys the Younger, with a thread weaving though his neck.

Just something to keep an eye out for.
I noticed they added the rat catchers, but somehow completely failed to notice Jahaerys funeral.

Last edited:
Rhaenyra managing to sneak into King's Land and successfully speak to Alicent was pretty silly, but the scene was so good that I'll allow it. Probably aren't going to be many more scenes of Emma D'Arcy and Olivia Cooke interacting (not a spoiler, just seems unlikely!) which is a shame because they're chemistry is so good.

I like how much of King's Landing we're getting to see. That shot following the alleged Targaryen bastard into the tavern was great. Makes the world of the show feel more alive. The opening scene with the Brackens and the Blackwoods was good too for the same reason.

Aegon making his frat bros the new Kingsguard is so Aegon.

Funny that there's posts above about how this show is less graphic than GOT (which is generally true) then we get a blowjob and Aemond's cock this week (probably both prosthetics?)

Rhaenyra managing to sneak into King's Land and successfully speak to Alicent was pretty silly, but the scene was so good that I'll allow it. Probably aren't going to be many more scenes of Emma D'Arcy and Olivia Cooke interacting (not a spoiler, just seems unlikely!) which is a shame because they're chemistry is so good.
Between that scene and Daemon's dinner with the Harrenhal castellan were fantastic. I know the show is more driven by violence and sex, but I will always far prefer quieter moments such as those.

I like how much of King's Landing we're getting to see. That shot following the alleged Targaryen bastard into the tavern was great. Makes the world of the show feel more alive. The opening scene with the Brackens and the Blackwoods was good too for the same reason.
Even scenes such as these and Larys slithering his way into Aegon's circle are standouts, too.

But, um, I could do without seeing a young Rhaenyra, quietly stitching Jaehaerys' head back onto tiny body (I'm still in shock how much of that we actually saw and wasn't just suggested).

That said, I did love the intensity of Baela's aerial scouting.

Ah, well. War is about to break and such quiet moments are fleeting.

One question for those who've read Fire and Blood: Are we suppose to know who proclaimed to Daemon that he would die at Harrenhal or is it just some random person?

There will likely be more Rhaenyra and Alicent scenes. Rhaenyra takes the throne and the city with Daemon in the books. She imprisons Alicent and Helaena in a tower of Maegor’s Holdfast. Since the show runners haven’t completely abandoned the former friends angle of Rhaenyra and Alicent. We can expect for scenes of them in the future.

I can see Rhaenyra’s time as queen occurring in season 3. Assuming they don’t milk the Dance out too much.
But, um, I could do without seeing a young Rhaenyra, quietly stitching Jaehaerys' head back onto tiny body (I'm still in shock how much of that we actually saw and wasn't just suggested).

One question for those who've read Fire and Blood: Are we suppose to know who proclaimed to Daemon that he would die at Harrenhal or is it just some random person?
I didn’t expect them to do a ghosts/specters of Harrenhall scene. It’s the most haunted place in Westeros and Daemon’s conscious is finally eating away at him.

Corrupting his teenage niece and ordering the murder of his 4 year old great-nephew. His brother’s grandson.

The woman is supposedly Alys (Alice) Rivers.

Back