Fuller House teaser trailer

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Janeway’s Girl, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I never would have remembered the name Becky with out help, thank you, because the character was a wet tea towel too tedious to file away with care.

2. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

That is the problem. :p

Though I think that's a bit harsh. I wouldn't say they look bad, by any stretch. It's just that it's pretty clear they've had some work done, and they don't really look like they used to.

Where as, Lizzie looks almost exactly as I'd picture an adult Michelle to look like. But, more importantly, as I said before, she's a way better actor than the twins ever were. And she's a much bigger deal these days, anyway.

3. Guy Gardener

She's a bigger deal, because the twins felt like retiring after they made their third billion.

(I'm probably exaggerating.)

Lizzy has to work for a living.

4. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You're welcome.

Yes she was lame. Lamer than her kid brother, another D.J. Darlene was the only cool one of the younger Connor's.

I kind of don't blame the twins for retiring. I'm sure most people would love to stop working before they hit 30.

5. Commander Richard

Commander Richard Yo! Man! Premium Member

That house is like the TARDIS.

6. Janeway’s Girl

"It's bigger on the inside!"

7. CorporalClegg

With disappearing stairs.

8. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who felt that way!! I was the same age as Michelle, so I mostly watched the show as reruns in the early 90s (didn't it seem like it was on every single hour of the day?!). Michelle was just boring to me as a baby, but once she got older I started to dislike the character. Stephanie was my favorite. She was smarter, cuter, more interesting. etc. yet was always getting shafted by Michelle. I too was so angry when Michelle got Princess for a day instead of Stephanie! So unfair. What's funny is my first name is Michelle and I have a younger sister named Stephanie (who has often held the Michelle-type position in my life!).

I'm glad Michelle won't be in this show. I liked Danny and Joey (Jesse was just okay), but my favorites were definitely Stephanie, DJ, and Kimmy, so this new show has the potential to be really awesome for me!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  9. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

OH, I'm sure Michelle will be in there eventually once one of the actresses realizes the potential for money and doesn't want to miss out. But my A-hole senses are tingling and I suspect they'll have demands and shoe-horn themselves in and ruin what might otherwise be a very decent show. We'll see.

My thread is still on the board. Maybe it will be when the show premieres:
    http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=270553

10. Guy Gardener

The don't have to work like monkeys.

Acting is "sorta" hard work if you look at it from how many contiguous hours are required to make one episode, how much commitment is required to make one season and how dead inside you have to feel when you sign a 7 year contract.

They'd do this because it's fun, or nostalgic, or they like these people.

11. Janeway’s Girl

Woah. Someone actually thinks that Jesse was just okay?

I need to take some time to process this.

12. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

I actually agree with her, Jesse was just okay. I think he was a much stronger character early in the series when he still had an edge (well, as much of an edge as a Full House character can have) and was partying and banging chicks, although I think that was toned down after half a season.
    I liked that he eventually settled down with Becky but as a character he became kinda boring, the last few years every second line he had seemed to be about his hair or his sons' hair or Elvis hair.:vulcan:

13. Janeway’s Girl

I do think that Jesse was cooler as an uncle than as a dad. The twins were just kind of there. At least Michelle added something. She gave Jesse a purpose beyond his partying ways.

14. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, they definitely softened him up as the show progressed. And I believe they even had an episode making fun of the infamous shark jumping, but with Jesse and his motorcycle.

But I think that he was best when paired with Joey in his scenes. They had good chemistry. Speaking of which, I wonder what he'd be up to by now. In the show, he'd be working on his comedy material. Maybe he now owns a comedy club.

15. CorporalClegg

Jesse did seem to have a lot of jobs. Musician, of course. But he started out as a bug man, then an ad man, then he was on the radio, and then he owned a club.

16. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree with that, Jesse and Joey were great together. I too am curious to see what they are up to now. I saw Dave Coulier in a comedy club a few years ago, it was great. I hope his character is doing just as well!

Some recurring characters I loved and would be delighted to see make an appearance....

• Teddy (I just read he was only in 13 episodes, what?! It felt like he was there so much longer, I loved him!)
    • Vicky
    • Gia (who wants to bet she's a soccer mom with 5 kids now? :lol:)
    • Nelson (nerdy rich guy that likes DJ)
    • Aaron (little bully)
    • Harry Takayama (he was so dang cute as Stephanie's pretend husband!)
    • Rusty (what a brat!)

17. Guy Gardener

I remember transitioning from being stupid to knowing that they're lying.

Jessie isn't cool because Elvis is dead. Get over it you developmentally arrested ####.

Danny isn't Nice because he is a shitty parent. Spend 5 minutes looking after your own kids you ####.

Joey isn't funny because Popeye is a tragedy, not a comedy you idiot. Forearm tumours. So sad.

18. CorporalClegg

Of those, the only one I really want to see is Nelson, if only because Jason Marsden was basically the face of the old TGIF.

I mean, it had gotten so ridiculous that by the time he was on BMW, his character was called "Jason" in one episode and "Mr. Marsden" in a later. It was as if they weren't even trying. :lol:

Though, I don't know if he even does life action anymore, since he's now one of the most prolific voice actors in the biz.

And they could always do the DJ/Steve/Nelson thing again.

*Speaking of Steve, any bets on whether they try to put Weinger in an Aladdin costume again?

19. Janeway’s Girl

I don't know about Joey (though I hope he is doing well) but Jesse and the Rippers seem to be doing fine:)

[yt]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dor96YnM_qo[/yt]

20. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that's the video I referenced earlier. They also did a skit with Jimmy Fallon, I think in the same show, and both of those contributed greatly to the interest in a reunion, and eventually this spinoff.