1. Mytran

Mytran Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm sure you're right about those book mixing up the names; I've not read them myself in ages so I can't comment.

The character of "Sam" in Charlie X wasn't even given a surname in the episode; an oddity in TOS where people rarely referred to each other by their first names

2. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow, and people think I'm crazy for wanting to Deepfake Grace Lee Whitney onto some of the random yeomen in Star Trek :-D

3. Pauln6

I've invested in a new laptop and Adobe Premier Pro editing software. I've converted the SLV scenes from the Dvd extras to mp4 and upscaled to HD using After Effects (I have yet to check what the quality looks like next to the original footage admittedly - it's early days).

I have edited two scenes so far:

The first scene involved giving Janice Rand a line when McCoy comes on board (I took a line from World Enough and Time, used the existing footage to fake some lipsync, and then used Deepfake to even out the lipsync).

The second scene was re-adding Sulu's line about the screens holding when V'Ger attacked.

I don't think I will be able to insert them all as there might be issues with the music tracks clashing but I'm going to damn well try! McCoy in Kirk's quarters needs some post production blending to get rid of imperfections but this scene and the scene in Ilia's quarters look like they should be easy to insert. The airlock scene needs the CGI added and I will need to manually replace Kirk's helmet in the later scenes. It looks largely doable.

I've also scripted an extension to the scene involving McCoy and Kirk watching Decker and Ilia in his quarters to involve Rand in the second half of the movie but that prep is in its infancy since I've struggled to get her hair to look right when she moves.

The ultimate plan is to script an adjusted version of the Memory Wall scene but that is very much at embryonic stage (I've upscaled the rough footage and saved all the colour stills of Shatner and Nimoy that I could find).

I have downloaded voice mimicry software, Character Creator, and iClone 7, with a view to use digital avatars inside the helmets.

The caveat is that I have no idea how to use any of the software, so any advice welcome. Also if anyone knows of anyone who has created digital environments for tge antechamber or memory wall, this aspect could go a lot faster ;-p.

4. Methuselah Flint

Methuselah Flint Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well I've nearly finished my latest fan edit over at fanedit dot org - Tomorrow The Universe. This re-structures Patterns of Force so that Kirk and Spock use the Guardian of Forever to go back in time and repair the damage Gill has caused.

[​IMG]

Pauln6 and Phoenix219 like this.
  5. Mytran

What an interesting combo! Looking forward to it

Methuselah Flint likes this.
  6. Methuselah Flint

Have you seen any of my other edits?

7. Mytran

Fraid not! ;)
    Where can I find them?

8. Methuselah Flint

I'll PM you :)

Mytran likes this.
  9. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Don't play the martyr. No one thinks you're crazy. Just that the idea is pointless. :D

JonnyQuest037 and Pauln6 like this.
  10. Pauln6

Think of the memes I could make, man. THE MEMES!

11. JonnyQuest037

JonnyQuest037 Vice Admiral Admiral

<Thinks of the memes Pauln6 could make>

...Yep. Still pointless. ;)

12. Pauln6

You clearly aren't a member of the Star Trek Shi#posting Facebook gronp. Pointless but hilarious. Favourite recent one:

"Your mother is so fat, she outweighs the needs of the many." Vulcan trashtalk. Take that McCoy.