Eureka: Final Season (Discussion, spoilers, etc.)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by 1001001, Apr 16, 2012.

1. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

"I taste like chicken!"

:lol:

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like this episode. If the finale matches the quality of this one the show will be going out on a high note.

3. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

So... the cabin in the wood was convinently close to where the clones hideout was? seemed very contrived, also placing Holly int he woods where NPC Carter would just find her.

4. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^Maybe NPC Carter knew where NPC Holly was leading Doug to. Doug and Allison most likely dropped off the still out of it Holly back at the spot where Doug knocked her out.

5. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Vincent probably got earful after earful from all the people in the freezer, so he started apologizing just on principle. But honestly I don't see how anyone in that town will trust each other again.

General Mansfield and his ilk were always calling out the troops and threatening to shut Eureka down, so there is a precedent. Did seem a little artificially abrupt, though.

NPC Jenna may have been that old in the Matrix, but in real life she shouldn't. If she's a Xerox clone of the original, she should look exactly like the original.

I had this sneaking suspicion that was going to happen when he said, "I was born for this!"; i.e. he was literally created to turn Zane in. Then in the next scene... oops....

Grace and Henry might very well be off the hook now. The evidence has been destroyed, and its destruction can be blamed on the NPC mayhem. I'd prefer a wrap-up instead of just dropping that plotline, but at least there's a good explanation.

Holly's memory is gone and the loss is permanent? Excuse me, but that diagnosis was a little rushed. I'd like a second opinion, please.

Very compelling "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" feel to the episode, but there was no good explanation of what was behind it. NPCs acting on their own to assimilate everyone? What prompted that, exactly? i was still expecting it to be Senator Wen.

Next episode: Preview says wormholes are appearing all over Eureka. Maybe characters will get sucked into a wormhole that deposit them back in the original timeline. This time it needs to be Jack, Allison, Fargo, Holly, Jo, non-autistic Kevin, and Henry. Maybe Grace. And I'm trying to decide about Zane. Both versions of Zane have undergone great character development, so I'm not sure which one I'd keep. Probably the new one.

6. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If GD closes down, though there’d be HUGE start-up costs, why couldn’t they start their own company? They’d get rich!

Though I could imagine the gov’t shutting them for national security reasons. But then you get into the if they work for the gov’t and can’t work for themselves, then not only what are they supposed to do, but what a colossal waste of talent. The government can shut Eureka, but it NEEDS these people. Proved by Wen and her matrix.

On that note, if it was Henry who brought Wen into the conspiracy, why wasn’t she deferring to him?

7. sojourner

Got it backwards. Wen brought in Henry, who then recruited his soon to be wife.

8. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

No, Beverly brought in Henry. Henry brought in Wen and Grace.

9. sojourner

I'll have to watch it again.

10. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Correct

11. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks!

It’s nice to know that this old brain remembered something correctly! :)

12. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Man, the "Kill Wesley" attitude just won't die, will it? :alienblush:

13. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well that's a double negative, but as long as Wes is dead, it's really a double positive.

14. BenRoethig

BenRoethig Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It was supposed to be a season finale. Syfy in their infinite lack of wisdom then cancelled the final episodes in favor of one episode.

15. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ Yeah, I know. But somebody said the ending felt tacked on. I didn't think it felt that way.

16. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Do you remember how we got to the end of the duplicate invasion and then the screen went blank and there was a legend on your monitor that read "One Week Later" and THEN there's all this shit about Holly being asleep and then the DOD starts talking about how everything is being closed down.

"one Week later"

I hate that shit.

168 hours or reactions and stress ignored, as well as 168 hours of reactions and stress sustained in a loop.

17. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

According to the ad I just saw on this board and this link, it seems the season 5 DVD comes out on Tuesday, a day after the finale. That's got to be some kind of record!

18. sojourner

No, it's not a record. As you yourself just said, it's a dvd.

19. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well played, sojourner, well played.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The DVDs for Blue Planet were out at the Wal-Mart where I work before the show had aired it's last couple epsiodes. But that had also aired in the UK first, so I guess it might not be quite the same.