Eureka: Final Season (Discussion, spoilers, etc.)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by 1001001, Apr 16, 2012.

1. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I don't know how many fans there are of this show, but tonight marks the beginning of the end for Sheriff Carter, Allison, Henry, and the whole Eureka gang.

I've always enjoyed the show for what it is: lighthearted fun. No grim desperation, no shaky cameras. The interaction amongst the characters is always infused with both humor and heart. And you really can't go wrong with a show where a robot is in love with a house.

:lol:

I assume tonight we shall learn the fate of The Astraeus, and of Jo...??

Stay tuned!

:beer:

2. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Damn, this season has been a long time coming...

I'm looking forward to it. I love this show, and will be sad to see it go - but at least we know when it will finish, so they've had time to wrap it all up nicely. I hope.

:D

3. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Be interesting to see how things turn out in Mayberry...--I mean, Eureka!

4. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They were filming their final episode of a 13 episode order when the got the news. Syfy did give them one more episode to wrap things up, so unless they went back and did a few reshoots, the entire season isn't leading to the end, just the last ep.

5. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Ah, gotcha. I was assuming that writing/filming for most of the run was going on during the break.

6. 1001001

Just FYI:

SyFy is running a marathon right now of the last episodes leading up to the premiere tonight. So if you missed anything or want to refresh your memory, you can catch up today.

7. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Unfortunatly for those of us on the other side of the Pond we'll have longer to wait, before "A Town Called Euerka" returns to our screens.

8. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

My DVR is set.

9. 1001001

Wow.

I could not be more surprised.

I managed to avoid all spoilers going in.

For most of it, I was thinking "I can't believe they rebooted the show again!"

Then that last scene...I kept wondering after Henry said that "someone else was controlling the launch", exactly where they were going.

I think that was actually pretty dark, for Eureka anyway.

I hope they have a good endgame here. I'd love to see ther series end on a high note.

10. spinnerlys

spinnerlys Commander Red Shirt

I first though of B when they told the crew, the new head of GD was a she, and again when Zack collapsed from being shot by those drones.
    I thought the reprogrammed Eureka would be a season long ark, but it seems, only the Astraeus crew is affected.

Man, they have gone through quite a lot, those people from Eureka, and towards the end of this episode I was actually liking the new route, but then again, it may have been too bold for Eureka upsetting the status quo, or the two big relationships, like that, thus the B route felt a bit like a deus ex machina.

But then again, it is good to see some new Eureka again and hear some Bear music.

11. 1001001

Which begs the question: what are the people who weren't on Astraeus (like Jo and Henry) really doing?

12. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well one thing is dealing with the DoD. Allison was acting head of GD, and she disappeared with the ship. Remembering the season finale, Jo and Taggert were leaving town, so it's basically Carter and Henry working on the problem while also dealing with the organizational vacuum caused by losing Fargo and Allison.

Maybe they will bring Stark back to run GD in the interim. Hey, no one has shown that he is dead in new time line.

13. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

One would think the first thing Allison would check on, is whether the fathers of both her kids were around in this new timeline. But, this is Eureka after all. :)
    Both her ex's could pop up to hinder the good sheriff's pursuit of his sweetie.

The episode had me worrying the entire hour, as I wondered whether they'd really reboot the show again so soon. The final scene was a welcome relief. Now I have to watch it over, just to enjoy the story without clinched teeth and fists... :D

14. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i'm glad we have a thread here...it seems like Eureka isn't as popular as it SHOULD be...maybe one of the reasons why they're cancelling it?

Now, with the final scene...there were FAR MORE than the Astraeus' crew there. So i'm not sure who all is in the dream state, or WHEN it happened. Could this have been going on since the new timeline (with Dr. Old Spice), or somewhere in the middle of it?

i will so miss this show. There's very little, if anything, i really look forward to anymore on SyFy...

15. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

They really had me going until Shane got zapped-- then there were some consciousness artifacts going on that clued us in that it was a hallucination. I should have known Beverly would be behind it.

I hope Dr Old Spice makes an appearance before the end. I'm certainly going to miss this show when it's gone.

16. 1001001

Are you sure about that? The crew was 20, right? That looked like about 20 pods or beds or whatever.

Beverly and her friends would have to have some pretty powerful technology to hijack a spaceship where no one (not GD, not the DoD) could find it.

Haven and Warehouse 13 are both pretty good, IMHO.

17. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I'm enjoying LOST GIRL and MERLIN, too, although I realize they're imports. What the heck. They're new to me.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I picked on that right away. Once they showed that, I figured it was some kind of computer program or something, and I've suspected Beverly was involved in Astreus's disappearance since I first saw the finale.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be just the Astraeus crew.
    I haven't checked out Haven at all, but Merlin, Warehouse 13, and Lost Girl are all favorites of mine.

19. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

I wondered about that for a moment... then dismissed it. D'oh!:scream:

20. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ :D

Warehouse 13 and Sanctuary are both very good. I don't get to see Merlin often, but it's been good when I've seen it. Haven has kept me coming back because of the characters, but I can't say it's as good as the other shows. Lost Girl has a few flaws but I've been enjoying it.