Episodes you'll never watch again?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by erastus25, Oct 6, 2011.

1. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Possibly confusing it with "Mortal Coil", with its traumatised Neelix on the verge of suicide? That's a decent episode for the character. Where his new found disbelief in an afterlife, spills over into the bedtime stories he's giving to Naomi. They took Neelix there again all-too briefly for "Memorial" IIRC. "Once Upon a Time" is like TNG's "Cost of Living", emphasis on the holodeck as 24th Century Children's entertainment. Kind of strange, given nobody of that target age would be watching. You have that onscreen for a while, maybe as a C-plot. Answering the question, what families do on starships. But focusing whole shows purely on it is a massive turn off. To me anyway.

2. KirksStuntMan

KirksStuntMan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I won't watch "And The Children Shall Lead" from TOS, and I refuse to watch ant TNG episode that has Q in it. That John DeLancie dude just seems to wimpy for me to believe that he's a super alien.

3. Admiral Shran

Admiral Shran Admiral Admiral

Well YMMV, but I liked how they turned Neelix into the ship's resident child care provider.

And, Once Upon a Time is our introduction to Scarlett Pompers as Naomi, my favorite recurring VOY character. Hell, I like her more than some of the main cast.

4. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Nope. Naomi's mother is endangered on a mission and Neelix goes to pieces trying to keep Naomi from finding out.

Transcript: http://www.chakoteya.net/Voyager/505.htm

5. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Nope, I'm being completely serious. What I stated was how I feel. That's all.

6. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

There are probably only a small percentage for each show...Voyager would probably have the largest percentage. Maybe 12 out of 79 for TOS, 8-10 out of 176 for STNG, 20-30 from Voyager, and probably 5 out of 98 for Enterprise.

RAMA

7. NickInABox

NickInABox Captain Captain

Sub Fucking Rosa

8. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Tng Skin of Evil , The episode where the man possesed by the alien queen that controls the creepy alien parasites that controls Starfleet admirals and catains. Riker and Picard kill him with their phasers where he explodes it's really gross. Sub Rosa, Ds9 Move along Home, Waltz.Enterprise terra Nova and Tatv,

9. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't keep a list... all I know is that when I'm catching a rerun on TV or have a look at some episodes on DVD, there are some episodes I didn't enjoy that I'll likely not watch again, OR... I may watch but FAST FORWARD through the boring/ridiculous parts.

With TOS and TNG, it's more about nostalgia. Each episode has its own unique properties and it's sometimes fun to see them again. But for the most part, I'll skip a lot of the dreaded content. Early DS9 had a lot of boring episodes for me... and yet, there's still a kind of "newness" to the series that is fun to be immersed in once again, before the average story started to become more intense.

I think a lot of it depends upon time... we change our minds gradually. Sometimes to be open to viewing what we once disliked, or to feel completely repelled at the idea of watching what has disappointed us. "And The Children Shall Lead" is such a dead episode to me, the only good part being an interesting view of the rec room/cafeteria area. So is "Skin of Evil", except for the tribute to Tasha Yar at the end. The list goes on...

10. RandyS

But.....but.....

It focuses on CRUSHER, and puts her in a night gown!

For THAT alone, the episode is worth repeated viewings.

MANY repeated viewings........

11. CoveTom

CoveTom Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have never seen 99.9% of the episodes of Enterprise. And likely will never bother. Other than that, no.

12. Caesar753

Caesar753 Commander Red Shirt

I love Voyager, but I'll never sit through the Fair Haven episodes again.

13. Neutral Zone

Neutral Zone Captain Captain

I don't know if there are any episodes that i'll never watch again but there several that it amy be a long time before I watch them again. One such episode is Spocks Brain!

14. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Your loss is very much my gain.

15. erastus25

erastus25 Commodore Commodore

Yeah, I agree. I've seen about 8 episodes and will almost certainly never bother.

16. Ziriath

Ziriath Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It's Conspiracy
    I think it's a good episode. It has a certain disturbing feel I miss in the later TNG episodes.

17. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination
    "conspiracy" is one of the best episodes of TNG season 1. Too bad we didn't more episodes in that season like that one.

18. erastus25

erastus25 Commodore Commodore

Completely agree. I 100% love that episode. That and Arsenal of Freedom are my two favorites from the first season.

19. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Commodore Commodore

I'm tempted to say DS9's "Profit and Lace", and I also skip that TOS episode with the kids in it. I can't even remember anything about it, I just remember disliking it deeply.

20. RandyS

There were two. "Miri" and "And the Children Shall Lead". "Miri" takes place mostly on a disease-ridden Earth duplicate, and "Children" takes place most on the Enterprise, which, if you ask me, redeems it somewhat. But, I agree with you, those are two of my least favorites too.