• Michelle Rodriguez as Holga, a Barbarian
  • Regé-Jean Page as Xenk, a Paladin
  • Justice Smith as Simon, a Sorcerer
  • Sophia Lillis as Doric, a tiefling Druid
  • Hugh Grant as Forge Fitzwilliam, a Rogue

So will Xenk be a lawful stupid/stupid good paladin? :whistle::D

0Wvk8H7.jpg
YOU HAVE MY COCONUTS!

Most of the reactions I've seen to this so far seem to be pretty good. I'm looking forward to it, I think it looks like a lot of fun.

Honestly that this movie didn't tank hard with critics as i expected it to based on the first trailer is a nice surprise for me.

If it turns out to be a halfway decent fantasy movie i'll be happy, not everything needs to be LotR or GoT level.

I just hope it does well enough at the box office to get a sequel. It's sandwiched between John Wick 4 and the Super Mario Bros. movie.

I just hope it does well enough at the box office to get a sequel. It's sandwiched between John Wick 4 and the Super Mario Bros. movie.

Yeah, it just seems placed to bomb financially. We are are à couple weeks out from Shazam (which I want to see) and creed 3

I saw an early screening of the film. I didn't find it all that funny. The film felt like it was laying the groundwork for a franchise. Though I would be interested to see these characters in a future adventure, I am not sure that it will happen. The audience felt subdued at the end and there was not a lot of talking amongst the people as they left the theater.

I saw this film this afternoon. I think only six or eight people were in the theater; of course, it was showing at 1:00 PM. I'd probably give this movie a low B grade.

Most of the sfx looked decent, with many names and places dropping throughout the film readily seen. It had a decent vibe, however, I was able to figure out the end plot somewhat early on in the film.

Chris Pine did a good job, although his singing wasn't that great. Fortunately, he doesn't sing a lot during the film. I was impressed with the action sequences; the scenes occurring in the maze were well done. The semi-cameo during the movie's end was a nice homage to earlier film depictions. As some like to say, it was a good popcorn flick, and I enjoyed my overpriced popcorn during the movie.

My mom and I saw it this morning, and I really enjoyed it. I'm not overly familiar with the Forgotten Realms world, I've never played D&D but I have read one of the RA Salvatore Drizzt novels.
So coming at this as more of just a general fantasy fan, I thought it was a lot of fun. Most of the humor worked pretty well, and I thought they did a good job of putting it in when it felt appropriate, and then being more serious when they needed to. I'm not sure accurate to the game they were, but I thought it had some really cool creatures, and most of the effects used to make them were pretty good.
It had some pretty cool action sequences, which was especially impressive since this was the first big action movie like this that the Daley/Goldstein duo have ever directed.
There is one thing I do remember from the book I read, The Legacy, that I wanted to ask about. Was that Menzoberranzan that they showed when Edgin & Co. were in the Underdark?

Got to see it. Really fun movie.

They managed to bring the sense of fun adventure of nostalgic 80s adventure films, without the tackiness or cartooniness of previous D&D adaptations. The fun factor and cleverness is what modern adventure films are sorely lacking, either relying entirely on CGI and force of personality or being overly melodramatic.

We saw this yesterday and it was pretty fun.

I really liked that our leads were *not* romantically involved in any way, but deeply cared fir each other and were a family. I also liked that Pine's character was very much a Bard without being the stereotypical horndog.

Was that Menzoberranzan that they showed when Edgin & Co. were in the Underdark?
No, per my hubby the GM.

Back