News Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Amongst Thieves

why keep doing this type of stuff?

It will probably involve a gradual process, but...I hope this cinematic Marvel brand of humor dies out; I'd prefer "abrupt headshot", but "death like the dodo" also works.

There's also something else that annoys me about fantasy films and historical movies that really show little attention to detail--and that is people's haircuts. I hate it when people have contemporary styled hair. It may be a tiny detail but it puts me right off.

Especially that idiotic side shave that makes me think a barber got lazy halfway through and resorted to an electric shaver. Myself, I'm not a fan of fantasy actors speaking as if they were modern humans; I don't necessarily expect Shakespearean dialog (which is slightly anachronistic, going by quasi-medieval fantasy), but they should never sound like folks found walking down a street in Anytown, U.S.A. or London.

why keep doing this type of stuff?
I believe the term is "for fun."

I love serious and high drama fantasy too, but there is also a place for fun, adventurous style, self-aware fantasy which D&D kind of does with it's setting. It's not super serious, largely because playing it always involved a bit of joking hilarity amongst players. That's the vibe I get from the trailer.

Well, at least one fantasy project trailer shown at Comiccon looks good. I'm not a fan of Michelle Rodriguez, but the rest of the trailer definitely made me excited for the movie. A fantasy project that takes nothing from the GoT style is so rare nowadays, hopefully its a hit and other companies realize they can make fantasy stuff without copying GoT's hyper violence and hardcore sex stuff.

Especially that idiotic side shave that makes me think a barber got lazy halfway through and resorted to an electric shaver. Myself, I'm not a fan of fantasy actors speaking as if they were modern humans; I don't necessarily expect Shakespearean dialog (which is slightly anachronistic, going by quasi-medieval fantasy), but they should never sound like folks found walking down a street in Anytown, U.S.A. or London.

I admit, I've often found the 2018 movie Alpha somewhat goofy because of certain elements which don't make narrative sense. It's set in caveman times but the protagonist, Keda, literally spends months within the story's timeframe without ever having to shave or brush his strangely clean teeth. :D

I admit, I've often found the 2018 movie Alpha somewhat goofy because of certain elements which don't make narrative sense. It's set in caveman times but the protagonist, Keda, literally spends months within the story's timeframe without ever having to shave or brush his strangely clean teeth. :D

We all have our bugaboos and pet peeves.

7f375ef3a61f441198ebcd79933d8097--rachel-welch-classic-actresses_465_351_int.jpg

I've always found the best "D&D" movies and shows to be ones not directly linked to the name and the game.

That said, it looks like they may be upping the game with this one. I haven't watched a 'Dungeons and Dragons' movie since the first one, but I'm planning on giving this one a look, if only for the owlbears, gelatinous cubes, and other D&D monsters looking to make an appearance.

I've always found the best "D&D" movies and shows to be ones not directly linked to the name and the game.

That said, it looks like they may be upping the game with this one. I haven't watched a 'Dungeons and Dragons' movie since the first one, but I'm planning on giving this one a look, if only for the owlbears, gelatinous cubes, and other D&D monsters looking to make an appearance.
The living chest sold me.

Ah, gotcha, maybe I'm too literal with the elements I think of from D&D but those are all good movies.

I do have a weird thing but the LOTR movies despite being the closest never quite fully worked for me for some reason. I didn't really enjoy them as much as everyone else but I can't really remember why. I've only seen them in the theater and it's been long enough I don't remember well but they're so long I find it daunting to try again. I may try Fellowship and just skip past all the early shire stuff. I swear any time I flip channels and LOTR is on they're in the damned shire or arguing with Gollum and never "good stuff".

My wife does not enjoy the Shire. She pretty much just follows Aragorn's story, starting with the Council of Elrond and going forward through the extended edition.

Loved the trailer and if this hold up we might see a fun, light fantasy movie and that's good. If you want dramatic Fantasy there's always LotR or GoT, so it's nice to have some balance.

I like that Pine is a bard. I had a friend play a bard in Everquest back in the day and he was annoying as hell lol. I mean how does a bard, paladin, druid, barbarian and so on get together to be thieves if isn't a bunch of people playing D&D?

The Gamers series of semi-spoof movies had some fun with bards in the second one. One of the players switched from playing fighters to bards, and his bard repeatedly gets killed in silly ways. :D

Back