Does anyone here exercise regularly?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by propita, Sep 27, 2010.

1. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I exercise 5-6 times a week. Been trying to get my abs in shape this fall. Hopefully it'll work. I used to be really heavy in the stomach area so even though I'm down to a really perfect weight there's still a little extra in that area and I can't stand it.

2. Captain Ice

Captain Ice Cookie Constructor Admiral

Getting Captain Ice on to the naughty list
    Treadmill 3-4x per week and 30 minutes or more each time. Doc wants me to walk 45-60 minutes a day, but in the summer in Arizona, that is ludicrous.

3. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

I like to fit in some kind of physical activity each day: bike to work, walk the dogs, pilates, CrossFit gym workouts, weight circuits, ellipical, spinning, etc.

I try to mix it up a lot so I don't get bored. For example, I'm on vacation this week so today I did a 40 minute walk with the pups this morning then went to a pilates session tonight. Tomorrow I'm planning to bike with a friend in the morning then I'll go to CrossFit in the evening.

4. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

does walking to the fridge count?

5. startrekwatcher

startrekwatcher Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes. I find exercising to be extremely invigorating and rejuvenates me on days when I'm feeling a little sluggish.

I run 4 days a week 4 miles in my neighborhood and then 3 days a week I lift weights. When it is too cold outside to run I run on the treadmill at the gym or use the elliptical. I also walk my dogs around the park and neighborhood.

It isn't always easy and there are some days where I'm just not into it but I force myself to do it.

I've also cut out all red meat and soda from my diet and you don't realize how that stuff wears you down until you've had it out of your system.

6. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I carry mail on a hillside route and walk five days a week. When I wake up its three sets of 40 pushups, 40 was the go/no go line when I was a soldier 25 years ago. Three days a week its light dumbells.

7. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

And I have the falsified documentation to prove it. :cool:

8. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

Morning cawfee spew!!!!!!!!! :guffaw::guffaw:

I walk with weights for 45 minutes on the treadmill (im up to 3.5) and afterward do some weight work and crunches. That's it.

9. GMac

GMac Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I walk a mile a day and swim once a week for another mile throughout the year (plus umpiring once or twice a week in the summer, which adds a bit more mileage). Given that I'll soon be starting work in Leeds (and will thus have to walk to & from the station every day at each end), that will likely increase quite substantially.....

That's the spirit!:guffaw:(nearly fell off my chair laughing!)

GM

10. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

You want exercise?

Three laps around my beautiful body..Go!

11. Itisnotlogical

Itisnotlogical Commodore Commodore

I do about 20 sit-ups and 20 push-ups each day. The way I do them though, it'd be kinda generous to call it "excersize".

12. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nothing spectacular. Just push-ups and crunches and dumbbell workouts.

13. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

I try to exercise 45-60 minutes every day. I rarely miss a day.

14. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

I have an inner ear infection, so I'm feeling extraordinarily lazy (and dizzy), so I'm not doing jack.

Normally I hit the gym 4-5 times a week. I mostly do the elliptical, but have been trying to get in two days a week doing light weight/ high repetition routines.

15. Vulcan Princess

Vulcan Princess Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I used to do ballet and ballroom dance before law school, so I was in really good shape. Then I got out of the habit, and it's hard to get back in. I've been pretty sick lately due to my adrenals being messed up, so I haven't had any energy. I'm on the mend, so I'm planning on starting workouts again. One of my friends told me about this program called Couch to 5K which starts out alternating running and walking for 30 minutes and over 9 weeks builds up to running a 5K in 30 minutes. I hate running, but I'm thinking of giving it a try anyway since I really need a workout and I can't take the time or money to dance right now.

16. Goliath

Goliath Vice Admiral Admiral

As the saying goes--exercise is wonderful: I could sit and watch it all day.

Aside from about a half hour of walking each day, to and from the bus stop, no, I don't exercise regularly.

17. DarkHelmet

DarkHelmet Admiral Admiral

This is brilliant. I quote it for its brilliancy and relevance to my own life.

18. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I use a treadmill six or seven times a week, usually for half an hour at a time. I need to do more though.

19. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I make it a point to get into the gym 3-4 days a week. Do a mix of weights, core exercises and cardio. I also aim to rock climb twice a week (when my climbing buddy and I are both available). I'm not overweight at all and I don't need to lose any weight, but I figured that I'd be in better shape than I am in. I'm pretty thin and could use more muscle and more toning.

20. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Same here.