Does anyone here believe the Moon Landings were fake?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by WraithDukat, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

This

2. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

That’s BS.

3. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

Not only are there the "We didn't really go to the Moon" people, there are the "We Went to the Moon, but the government is hiding what they REALLY found there" people. I've see claims that there are ruins of an ancient civilization littering the moon to include what appears to be the head of some sort of robot/android.

TribbleFeeder likes this.
  4. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Believing the moon landing is fake is basically a Gribble-ism.

There are people out there who are automatically distrusting of everything. They have a negative opinion of anything or anyone more powerful than them, and it makes them feel more special and powerful to be the one guy who isn't buying it.

So naturally, you'll need to protect yourself against the conspiracy conspiracy. I've personally tested a new line of vitamins that enhance your natural skepticism, but they naturally balance in your brain so you never become skeptical beyond the limits of reasonableness. And you can protect yourself from paranoia for three low payments of $29.99.

5. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

And obviously, the real photos from the moon show a flat Earth. ;)

I think that was because if they fail to land on their feet it's not a certainty they'd be able to get back up.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  6. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Out of curiosity, how big was this telescope? My Dad had built a 22" trailer-mounted scope in the 80's and it became famous wherever he took it.

7. Coyote Annabis

Coyote Annabis Lieutenant Red Shirt

Is his last name Prescott? I don't remember how big it was, this is going back 14 years, but his had to be trailered around too. He started building it in the late 80's.

Keep in mind, when I say you could just make out the lander, I mean it was about 2mm wide on a 36x24" print. It was just clearly enough that you could tell it wasn't a crater. We all took turns with a magnifying glass.

8. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

;)

Snaploud likes this.
  9. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Nope. It sounds like they likely built it around the same time as my Dad's. His tube was built in a high-school and was big enough that it had to be lowered down from the top floor of the building, and then when the scope was finally completed, it had been to a few places in Canada and the U.S. There's a picture of it if you look up Star Party on Wikipedia.

10. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Of course they weren't faked. They were filmed on the same sound stage at Desilu that "Star Trek" was filmed. Those actors and tv producers who made it come to live should not be disrespected because they created a top notch production. If you look closely some of the moon is actually leftover surface rock from "Spock's Brain.".:)

Jason

cooleddie74 likes this.
  11. J.T.B.

J.T.B. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No way. I don't know what you were looking at, but it wasn't an Apollo LM. From Earth, you would have to have a telescope with an aperture about three times larger than the biggest ever built to resolve a lunar descent stage to a visible dot.

Avro Arrow likes this.
  12. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

I can't wait to go homestead on my acre of land on the moon someday! And then I'll move on to my acre on Mars, and finally head out to retire at that distant star that I officially had named after myself. Those fancy-looking certificates have got to count for something, right? Alas, one can dream. :techman:

Kor

fireproof78 and Avro Arrow like this.
  13. Coyote Annabis

Coyote Annabis Lieutenant Red Shirt

And yet we can zoom in on jupiter well enough to see the clouds.

I'm willing to cop that he was wrong. He was a bit... Off in the head. When I knew him, he'd already been a teacher for 32 and by his own admission breathed in a lot of fumes over the years.

14. Doom Shepherd

Doom Shepherd Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No, I'm sane.

WraithDukat likes this.
  15. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    There's the hybrid theory that we went but were conducting Cold War-era scientific and national security experiments up there and thus NASA had to fake photographic and film evidence to hide that our astronauts - military officers who were subject to orders - were doing much more than collecting rock and lunar soil samples and hotrodding around in the lunar rovers.

It's not just "we went and we know exactly what happened on each mission" and "we never went because [insert reason here]." There are people who compromise and admit we went but still cling to conspiracy theories about hidden agendas.

16. WraithDukat

WraithDukat Captain Captain

I think you're talking about 'Operation Avalanche'?

17. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

No (and I do not care if it was)

TribbleFeeder likes this.
  18. WraithDukat

You don't care? It's humanities greatest achievement.

But each to their own.

19. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

Our greatest achievement will be when humans stop slaughtering each other in the name of some god or political belief. Until then, we land on moons while some of us starve on Earth or die of thirst on a planet that is 70% water.

TribbleFeeder and Marynator like this.
  20. WraithDukat

OK then, i'll add 'so far' onto the end.