Do they really need to use the past??

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Jared, Aug 2, 2007.

1. PowderedToastMan

PowderedToastMan Commodore Commodore

that is a good and pedantic point....the last focus of the Trek franchise was the 22nd century...so they are indeed 'moving forward' to the 23rd.

star trek is just a big giant unervers and you can tell stories anywhwere. But Kirk and Spock and the gang are the best known and most iconic characters and therefore give you the best buzz and biggest chance to restart things.

If Nemesis was a ginormous hit...then we would be talking about the great 'Nemesis II' movie that came out last year....but that didnt happen and it is time to let go

2. the_wildcard

the_wildcard Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You know I also share your feelings. A movie with past and new characters would be great.

BUT, I am willing to give it a shot since Abrams is pretty good. Plus Nimoy's glowing remarks are also promising.

(Haha plus I thought Superman Returns would be horrible, and well, I ate those words. It's not an Abrams movie, but it was a movie that I bashed for months before it was released.)