Discovery Movie?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Danja, Oct 21, 2019.

1. NewHeavensNewEarth

NewHeavensNewEarth Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

In West Virginia, going even 1 mile is a real trek, with all the twisty mountain roads. Not sure if there is a straight road in the entire state.

Lord Garth likes this.
  2. guyute03

guyute03 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I love Discovery and can't wait to see what kind of future they've dreamed up in season 3 but I don't think we need a movie at this time. Let the show do its own thing and develop for years on TV. I'd be much happier if they started doing tele-movies like Voyager did, or if Trek has to be on the big screen at least make it fresh and tell different stories across the timeline.

3. Relayer1

Relayer1 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd prefer movies (or TV movies) for spin offs or side-Treks from Picard, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise.

4. FreddyE

FreddyE Captain Captain

I can see DSC switchting to movies somewhen but that would mean no new DSC seasons then. But they might go the "middle road" and do a 120 minutes special episode that premiers as a regular world wide movie release.

5. Cyrus

Cyrus Vice Admiral Admiral

Really like the idea of Long Treks/TV movies. Would be ideal for VOY or DS9 reunions, though a mini-series may even be better.

6. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Voyager's "telemovies" were just two-parters combined together.

7. King Daniel Beyond

King Daniel Beyond Fleet Admiral Admiral

I can see them doing Long Treks of Pike's Enterprise missions on CBS-AA. But I kinda see any telemovies made by this team ending up like the Babylon 5 telemovies rather than a true Star Trek XIV.

MFB likes this.
  8. Beckerjr

Beckerjr Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'll second doing a Pike based Enterprise movie instead. A great way to give the fans something with that group since a series seems to not be happening.

Serveaux likes this.
  9. Rahul

Rahul Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I really hope they do some Netflix movies/120 minutes special episodes with Pike's enterprise!

Because Pike's enterprise honestly doesn't give enough unique content to warrant a whole series - or at least not enough that couldn't be done better in a new 24th/25th show.

But goddamn' would I like to see him back for another few hours of good Trek entertainment!

antinoos likes this.