Did You Like the Trailer?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Squiggy, Dec 18, 2015.

?

Trailer. What say you?

1. Yes, I like it and I believe I will like the movie.

55.9%
  2. No, I didn’t like it and I believe I won’t like the movie.

21.2%
  3. Yes, I liked it. But I don’t think I will like the movie.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, I didn’t like it. But I believe I will like the movie.

22.9%
  1. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I liked it well enough and I think I will like the film. Definitely as a very strong TOS vibe to the overall flow, even if the trailer is typical Hollywood trailer.

2. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Loved the trailer. Reinforces the notion that the Abrams Treks are the movies I had waited my whole life for. Spoken as one who has loved Trek since I was four, and watching TOS reruns back in '72 (along with TAS' first run).

3. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I didn't like the trailer, but I know it is early and marketing is targeting this trailer at non-trek fans. So naturally, it showcases a lot more explody-actiony stuff and rightly doesn't reveal anything about the movie's plot.

I didn't vote either because there's no way to tell if the movie will be good based on this trailer.

4. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

Missing answer: Didn't like the trailer, but already seen it 20 times. Won't like the movie, but will probably see it 40 anyway. And J.J. stole my teddy bear.

Why is there no poll answer diversity? Why are being forced to toe the party line of liking/not liking? That's undemocratic, and the Federation is all about democracy! And being buddies with the slave-trading Orion Syndicate, or something...

I demand more answers... Now!

Seriously, though: I did end up liking the trailer somewhat after a few views, but it leaves me simultaneously worried/excited about the film. The trailer is ambiguous about goodness. There's a lot of good stuff going on, it even feels TOS-y, has some brilliant moments – it's “the best hits” collections, but there's something lacking and it doesn't leave me so optimistic about the larger story. That could be wrong, because there's so little about it revealed (though I guess it may be more than it seems – which is what worries me).

5. Malaika

Malaika Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I voted No, I didn’t like it and I believe I won’t like the movie' to be safe
    But in reality i'd vote for 'unsure' option. I have mixed feelings about all of this.

6. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm in (though I'll likely avoid the crowds and wait for video release).

7. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

I thought the trailer was okay. It's not really marketed towards the hard core Trek fan but rather the more casual crowds that will go see the new Star Wars movie. It needed to be cool and in your face to catch their attention and it works well in that regard.

8. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

The trailer was a miss for me, but I like Simon Pegg, and both he and Justin Lin have said a bunch of interesting stuff that makes me hopeful for the movie itself.

9. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

If it helps, it's not like Pegg or Lin really gets to pick the type of trailer they want, at least not the teaser. That's left up to marketing. To add, the teaser isn't for just Trek fans, it's for everyone. If you have money, they want you in the theater. That's just business. The trailers that hook you enough to come see the film come later.

10. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is there an option for, "It left me giddy as fuck, was far better than I expected, pressed all my nerd buttons at once and I can't wait for July 22"?

THIS is how Into Darkness should have been marketed. I was never a huge fan of all those Inception BWAHHHH's.

11. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Captain Captain

My vote: Yes, I like it and I believe I will like the movie.

12. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

+1

13. Gravitas

Gravitas Ensign Red Shirt

Honestly, from reading comments elsewhere, if they had just used different music, the likes would have gone up 50%. I guess a lot of people just don't like Sabotage.

14. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

Those kids of 20 years ago and their rap music.

15. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Yes, he was absolutely right.

Loved the trailer and expect that I'll like the film, since I've liked the last two - and, for that matter, more than half of the oldTrek movies.

16. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The teaser was just fine.
    It felt good to see the Enterprise family again, doing new things and it made me look forward to the next longer trailer.

I loved the JJ films & I think I'm probably going to like STB but that remains to be seen.

17. brandnewfan

brandnewfan Commander Red Shirt

I didn't like it, but I think I'll like the movie.

Seriously though...that trailer showed absolutely NOTHING about the plot. All it gives us is a bunch of action clips which gives no clues as to the story. I get it, it's just a trailer, and they can't give away much. But c'mon. I don't wanna see an action movie; I wanna see a Star Trek film--the trailer should reflect what the film is about........but then again, maybe it does?

18. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Basically this too. Trailers, especially early teaser ones, are just there to grab interest and give some visual entertainment in the long wait for the movie.

This one did it well enough for me and I cannot wait to see the full movie. I'm sure the other trailers will have more story and character pieces but its too early to be giving all that away.

19. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

It's a teaser. It's meant to tease you.

20. Gravitas

Gravitas Ensign Red Shirt

I really can't imagine fans could see these images and not like it...I mean it's all new adventures!!