Spoilers DC's Stargirl: Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Morpheus 02, Sep 1, 2022.

1. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I’m sad now

Commander Troi and Guy Gardener like this.
  2. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Geek Grrl Premium Member

We get a flashback with the UH as Delores Winters and he/she is a scary bitch. Starman acts noble with everyone and like he expects to die fighting Icicle. He then says horrible things to Pat and takes the staff from Courtney. And we find out he sabotaged S.T.R.I.P.E.

Jakeem, Mike, and Cindy get to a Dragon King lab and find the albino gorilla, who actually has Dragon King's brain. Sensibly, they run.

Pat decides Sylvester was trying to protect him, so he goes to find him. He discovers Sylvester in cahoots with Jordan and gets knocked out.

Rick tells the other JSA members that Sylvester told him about the hourglass' limiter and Beth says Sylvester had to have known what would happen. The kids start to realize Sylvester has been messing with them.

Pat wakes tied up in a grave while Sylvester reveals he's actually the U-H. Pat tries to wake Sylvester's memories and friendship. From the flashback at the beginning, we learned U-H tends to lose itself in its roles, so it almost works for a minute. Then U-H buries Pat alive.

LaxScrutiny likes this.
  3. Commander Troi

Beautiful finale. I am so gonna miss this show. Courtney has been a wonderful example of a good-hearted character who inspires people but is still very human and screws up.

My hubby commented that the only thing that could kill the JSA was the CW. :mad: :wah:

4. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

Prime Canada finally got episode 12 posted, so watched the last two episodes. Would have liked more seasons but at least they got enough notice to tie things up (unlike a few other series I’ve recently watched that ended on cliffhangers :scream::brickwall:).

Commander Troi likes this.
  5. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

That's good to know--unfortunately for me, I am now busy until at least next weekend. Looking forward to finishing the series though.

6. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed all three seasons, and was very grateful that they filmed an ending ending just in case. If only more shows did that.
    Sorry to see it go, but was glad to have it.

Commander Troi and the G-man like this.
  7. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

At least the Stargirl story isn’t over with her appearing in Titans, whenever that show comes back.

8. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

looking at you, “the Midnight Club.”

9. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

That show was cancelled after all the episodes had been released.

10. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

So, an Infinity Inc. spinoff was considered according to Geoff Johns.

11. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Watched both last night.

Knew they wouldn't keep Pat dead :)

Everything nicely wrapped up and Sylvester even gets his brain back though I guess it would have been nice to have one last shot with the cast all together.

Commander Troi and LaxScrutiny like this.
  12. Tuskin38

I wonder what the original ending was. Obviously they wouldn't have had the flash forward.
    Was Artemis getting revenge part of it? That felt like wrapping up loose ends thing, so maybe not.

13. Rich Watson

Rich Watson Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No that was always there:

TVLINE : In your statement about Stargirl‘s cancellation, you made clear you were given the chance to prepare a series finale and provide full closure. But if this had been just a season finale, what would have been dropped? Would Cameron maybe not have returned yet?

Geoff Johns : It would’ve been exactly the same episode. Someday I might go into what would’ve happened in [a potential] Season 4, but knowing that we were most likely ending with Season 3 it was always designed to do that. There was an idea in the very final scene [via] a little bit of different dialogue that was going to propel us to a Season 4 story, but I altered it to act as a closing chapter. But there’s nothing in the episode that would’ve dramatically changed.

14. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

15. Commander Troi

I figured as much and was looking forward to it. :sigh:

LaxScrutiny, Ovation and Nerys Myk like this.
  16. thribs

Didn’t he have the chance back when Green Lantern came out? It didn’t go well. :)

17. Rich Watson

Rich Watson Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

He also co-wrote "Wonder Woman 84" which turned the character into a rapist.

18. thribs

I would be amazed if he thought of that.

19. Tuskin38

Doesn't mean he wrote that part of the story.

20. CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky More than meets the eye Rear Admiral

Oh, I finally watched the season (no, it never got an official UK release.) The finale was great and worked as a series finale. They really squeezed a lot into it and the epliogue with The Shade (a highlight whenever he was on screen)! was perfect for the show. It did feel like some of the season's stories weren't wrapped up as well as they could have been? Like Cindy's whole story. Yolanda spent most of the season doing nothing but saying "I don't trust Cindy!" but we never got a scene where she admitted she was wrong and welcomed Cindy to the team.

The first half of the season felt a bit slow and padded, with the mystery of The Gambler's death being dragged out. Like season 2 I really noticed the reduced budget compared to season 1. Felt like they held a lot back to make the finale as good as possible (and include most of the actual superhero action of the season.)

The Crocks were GREAT and made me smile every time they were on screen. So sad two of them died, but hey we'd never get to see them again with it being the last season anyway.

I liked the show, I guess I'll have to watch the crossover episode with Titans even though I find that show pretty meh.