Spoilers DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 5

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Masiral, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I'm sure Greg Cox will appreciate the Richard Matheson nod in the title, "I Am Legends." And Shaun of the Dead fans will appreciate that the plan in the middle of a zombie apocalypse in London was to get to a tavern. (Was that set a redress of Al's Bar from Supergirl?)

It's really weird to have a character like Constantine thrown into a hokey sitcom I-hate-you-let's-make-out scene.

Oh, that's who the gray-haired guy with thick glasses was supposed to be. I didn't make the Romero connection -- I just noticed that there was a continuity error between shots, that he was behind Constantine and Zari in the close shot and still in front of them in the subsequent wide shot.

At first I thought Gideon was downloaded into his brain. It quickly became clear that she was a hallucination, but I didn't realize she was Gary Jr. II until she started hopping.

But if Gary hasn't seen Gideon's human appearance before, how did he hallucinate her looking exactly like she's looked in her previous appearances?

2. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

That was actually the title? Neat!

3. DarrenTR1970

DarrenTR1970 Commander Red Shirt

Rewatched it again this morning and found another Easter Egg - The name on the fish 'n chips truck is 'Pilato's' as in Joe Pilato, who played Captain Rhodes in 'Day of the Dead'.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

This one was pretty fun, although I don't know a lot about zombie movies, so I missed most of those references.
    I had just assumed Gideon was either a hologram, or somehow in his head, so I was surprised she was Gary Jr. II.
    It seems like Amy Pemberton making a physical appearance once a season is a regular thing now. I wonder if that's something they're doing just for the hell of it, or if it's a contract thing?
    I know it's going to be undone pretty quickly, but it was still a little surprising to see them end the episode with everyone except Charlie dead.

5. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk Tomorrow Never Knows Premium Member

Downton Abbey?

6. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Admiral Admiral

The pink haired zombie looks to be an homage to Linnea Quigley's punk character in Return of the Living Dead.

The one fate sister always makes me think of Illyria from Angel.

7. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

that was my first thought.

8. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

How did his brain know what Gideon look like as a human?

9. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Tuskin38 likes this.
  10. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

Latest episode was ok. I still miss Ray and the original Zari.
    And can't they ditch Gary?

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

EW has a clip from tomorrow's episode and interview with Marc Guggenheim, who makes his directorial debut with the episode.
    I was really surprised to hear that the characters walking from the Ultimate Buds to Highcastle Abby sets was done in camera, I just assumed it was CGI when I saw it.
    I love that they actually used models for the ships in Star Trip, that's going to go a long way towards helping to capture the [LEFT][SIZE=4][FONT=Open Sans][COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)]early[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT] Trek feel.