Spoilers DC's Legends of Tomorrow - Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by dahj, Sep 7, 2018.

1. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

From their comments it doesn't sound like they wanted to leave.

Given that Legends has a famously tiny budget (one of the reasons for their switch to becoming a sitcom), I wonder if Caity and Brandon's long tenure in the Arrowverse was about to kick in a major salary upgrade that they couldn't afford for both of them.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  2. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

I watch everything with attention (I'm too anal to do otherwise), but it's true I mostly watch Legends, Flash, and Arrow at this point just to "keep up." (I suspect the same will be true of Batwoman.) Supergirl and Black Lightning are the only Arrowverse shows that still really engage and excite me.

3. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

Aw shucks.

4. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:( Disappointing as far as I'm concerned.

5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

It occurs to me that if Ray Palmer leaves, that creates an opportunity to bring in Ryan Choi.

6. dahj

With the news they're bringing in another show next year and now this, I kinda got a feeling Legends are winding down unfortunately and this next season might be it.

7. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I agree. What sucks is might have been my favorite character. This news takes away some of excitment for the show and I liked they were going to move away from magic and return to pure time travel. Jason

8. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

With a show that seems so carefree and fun it leaves a sour taste seeing their sadness at being forced to step down.

9. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

At one time, Routh had mentioned that his wife and son hadn't made the move to Vancouver with him just in case the role on Arrow didn't last. I'm assuming that was no longer the case by the time she joined him on LoT. So to have this happen...

10. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

They've pretty much wasted Routh the last couple years to be honest. I'm sad to see him go, but his most memorable stuff since Season 1 was his turn as Neron's host; he can play the "monster with charm" incredibly well. Like Firestorm's and Steel's powers you get the impression they didn't want to have much to do with him being the Atom, and his genius had been pretty absent too.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not really sure they were ever going to move away from magic, Constantine is sticking around, and I believe our bad guys next season are the escaped residents of hell, with Astra as the big bad.

12. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

yawn.

constantine does nothing for me so if neron wants to chew him up n spit him out go for it.

13. dahj

Yeah, but people, not demons or other magical beings. So it should be less magicky than last season.

14. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

What if.....
    Brandon Routh was leaving Ray/Atom/Legends.... because he will take over as (the one remaining) Superman after Crisis?

Nerys Myk likes this.
  15. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Routh and Ford will be starring in a reboot of Lois and Clark.

You heard it here first. ;)

Phoenix219 and The Realist like this.
  16. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wonder if his original 'option' is up? (IE He was signed for a 5 Season commitment one the initial contract, and now they'd need to renegotiate and possibly pay more - so, better to write him out but to soothe over what he says to the press promise him a couple guaranteed 'guest shots' for the season.)

Also, the show isn't a ratings blockbuster, so maybe he gets why they have to trim budget, and doesn't see a reason to burn his Bridges as there are still going to be 5 shows (if they do integrate 'Black Lighting' after the CoEE story) that 'Ray Palmer' could show up on for whatever reason.

17. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

If only ....

Phoenix219 likes this.
  18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd watch that.

19. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

I would love that

Phoenix219 likes this.
  20. Professor Zoom