Spoilers DC's Legends of Tomorrow - Season 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Commander Richard, May 22, 2016.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jesus-Magic can switch anyone's Gender with barely a nose wiggle.

This is why the Jesus story is a con.

He could have time travel backwards to long ago, in a galaxy far far away, and got himself a light sabre, or a droid army to burn the Roman empire to the ground.

There was no Earthy reason that he had to be crucified unless he allowed it.

That's called self harm.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  2. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Christopher, you can buy them by sets of 8 or 12 or more at a discount chain store called TJ Max... and I think I even saw them this year in Home Goods.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tj+...-KrSAhWF2YMKHRlICc8Q_AUICSgC&biw=1684&bih=789

(can't figure out how to do multi quotes anymore :rolleyes: )

I loved their last lines...
    Guinevere: I really like you, Sara Lance... A LOT!
    Sara: Huh, (smile)... Sara Lancelot.

I guess we just have to start calling Sara a "jump the fence" character. Maybe Oscar Wilde will fall for her next. ;)

3. Tallguy

Tallguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Now this MUST happen!

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

It's funny I never saw the "Sara Lance A LOT!" Line coming and I even wondered early in the episode if there was a version of Sir Lancelot.

It never occurred to me Merlin could be Malcom Meryln and glad it was not. Though part of that was my DVR was acting weird that night and I think saw a scene were we saw Stargirl as Merlin before watching the full episode.

I was watching The Flash with a slight delay for its live airing. About 5 mintues. But when Legends started it went right to that. I thought was going back to the Flash recording but noticed after a minute or two I stopped recorded Legends so I went back and started recording it than finally I finished the Flash. Than when I stopped that it I was right in the middle of Legends! I was able to watch most of it but never saw the first couple mintues. I am kind of pissed and for no reason I know of Arrow the next night, when I work, did not record at all!

5. Tallguy

Tallguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ DC Television is a lot of work!

6. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

Windows Media Center has been acting up for a week, not recording shows that were scheduled and listed in the upcoming recording section. I found that if you go back and reset a scheduled recording, then it'll work. Sleepy Hollow didn't start last night, until I went in and selected "record series" again.

7. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Hold on, you can record TV series through Windows now? How does that happen?

8. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

Microsoft Windows Media Center not to be confused with Windows Media Player, allowed DVR like functionality starting with Win XP up to version Win 8 Pro. They didn't include it in the new Windows 10, and no newer version of Windows will have it again.
    XP thru Win 7 PCs with TV tuner cards could tune broadcast signals, or cable box feeds. Now, after cable systems went digital, a digital tuner using a cable card (supplied by the cable company) is needed, which lets Media Center do everything a DVR can do.

9. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I just watched this weeks episode, and I'm just going to say it: I'd rather have Vandal Savage back then have to watch Evil Rip. Evil Rip is terrible. I mean, Arthur Darvill is a much better actor then the Vandal Savage actor, but the material is just terrible.

As for the episode, meh. Good riddance to Dr. Midnight. I don't care about any of the terrible Berlanti JSA, so one less is fine with me. Now maybe they can kill off the rest of them, and then reveal that a group closer to the real JSA exists on Earth 2 (complete with Jay Garrick, Alan scott, etc, even if its not a WW2 group anymore). That's what I'd like to see at least, not that I think it will happen.

Besides that this episode was just a tepid "King Author" story. Stargirl as Merlin was really stupid, there is no way she could actually make Camelot in a place where its supposed to not be real. I mean, does she have magic future telling powers now? Or the power to somehow create people out of thin air? Overall, this episode had nothing particularly interesting or impressive, although nothing especially terrible either outside of evil Rip being a bad villain. I really hope the Evil Rip storyline ends soon, but really I'll consider it a win if he doesn't just escape because of the Legends stupidity in the next episode.

10. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Now that's just crazy talk.

Thestral and Nerys Myk like this.
  11. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

:lol: As bad as he was, most of my annoyance with him was in how stupidly the Legends acted when it came to fighting him. I still think he's more interesting then Evil Rip, and I though Vandal was a terrible villain.

12. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

For me, Rip has always been bleh, but Vandal was downright cringeworthy.

13. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Speaking of Vandal, this episode reminded me of storyline in the 70s All-Star Comics revival where the JSA traveled to Camelot and IIRC, Merlin turned out to be Vandal Savage.

Ovation likes this.
  14. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Vandal Savage is fine, it was just a weird choice in casting.

He should have been big like a pro-wrestler if he was the last cromagnon... And although Ancient Egypt was a melting pot, Casper didn't exactly look like he was from any of the old bible movies either.

Actually... If they were trying to be historically accurate, they totally could have gone black with the casting of Vandal Savage.

15. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

I remember buying those issues back in the day.

16. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

I like evil Rip and film school Rip so much more than normal Rip who was just tediously boring.

17. Dick Whitman

I would have no problem if they write out Rip after this season. It's going to be strange if they go back to old first season status quo after all this. He was never a likable character. I was hoping with his memory loss they would give him a whole knew personally whenever he is brought back fully into the team.

18. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The problem with season 1 Rip was they didn't let him be a hero or real leader. He was a babysitter. They treated the Legends like they were toddlers hopped up on sugar and he was more worried about keeping them in line than actually working with them as partners.

If they restore Rip Hunter, he will be dealing with a more seasoned team, and perhaps he would then be able to fit in better with them.

19. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I'd like to see Rip restored by the end of season 2 but left changed by knowing all the evil shit he did during his tenure under the influence of the Legion of Doom. Also he could leave some point in season 3 anyway to set up the new version of the Time Masters organisation and just appear sporadically for the rest of the show's run.

20. Dick Whitman

I think part of problem is that in the comics Rip Hunter is a Time Traveller who only occasionally works with Superheroes. Heroes who do not regularly have time travel stories. So he is the expert who shows up the rare time they do. But here the Legends are Time traveling every week. This season has shown they really do not need him at all.

The format of this show has also not been best suited for the super powered characters either. How often do The Atom and Firestorm even use their powers? Surprisingly little.