DC Movies - To Infinity and Beyond

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by dahj, Aug 5, 2018.

1. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hmmm...yes...and yet, that's where we are at.

2. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Anyone advocating this should immediately be dismissed as a bottom-feeding troll.

TREK_GOD_1 likes this.
  3. fireproof78

That's too easy.

4. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

Umm…..

*Ninja Vanish!*

5. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

6. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

...all to please "fans" embracing criminal behavior to feed their obsession (including some desire to see Keaton, when he will make his assumed one-shot cameo in the Flash movie). That, and the individuals who convinced themselves that this Batgirl film was some great change of direction for the DCEU, when there were no indicators suggesting that at all.

Agreed.

7. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

I don't expect from any individual to break an NDA to leak the movie. I don't actively endorse any such action, and I certainly don't want anybody to risk their career and/or freedom just to see a movie. However, and that has been my position from the start (and, as far as I could follow, the position of many others in this thread) that I wouldn't be surprised at all if the movie did leak, because people in the movie industry are usually very passionate about projects they've worked on, and do have a desire - irrational or not - to have people see it, and if it did leak, that I would want to see it.

On the other hand, comments like these
    Do seem to indicate an actual desire to NOT have the film be available for the public to see. And I can't seem to fathom this kind of feeling towards an unseen film, especially from a person who was a major proponent of the Snyder Cut movement.

Meanwhile, actress Ivory Aquino tweeted a heartfelt open letter to David Zaslav asking him to reconsider:
    [​IMG] (click for full thread)

8. wayoung

wayoung Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You're not who is being referred to then, so why take offense?

TREK_GOD_1 likes this.
  9. Kai "the spy"

Reading through the thread, I don't know who is being referred to. I haven't seen anybody seriously demanding cast and/or crew to break the law. So, can you really fault me for concluding that the kind of stance I myself laid out has been misinterpreted?

10. crookeddy

crookeddy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

11. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

DC's Kevin Feige Found: Producer Dan Lin in Talks to Take Control of Film, TV for Superhero Arm

12. fireproof78

Only legally and in line with WB.

13. Kai "the spy"

But do you honestly care if the movie is leaked? Really?

14. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
  15. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Calling him "DC's Kevin Feige" seems highly optimistic. Besides, didn't they already have someone in that role?

What frustrates me is that DC's movies didn't need fixing. They'd finally outgrown their failed attempt to copy the MCU and found their own successful formula, letting each film be its own thing with its own voice, with the shared universe being a peripheral element, even an optional one. But now they're throwing out what was working just fine, and the new strategy seems to be "copy the MCU" all over again.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  16. fireproof78

Yes.

17. Kai "the spy"

Okay.

Why, though?

18. fireproof78

Because I would like WB to have a shot at recovering and the people who worked hard on the film to continue being employed.

The leak carries a risk and devil may care attitude towards rules I find aggravating. Will it impact my life? No, but it gets under my skin.

TREK_GOD_1 likes this.
  19. crookeddy

crookeddy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What rules? Basically tax evasion rules? Disgraceful take. Simply disgraceful.

YLu likes this.
  20. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

The Snyder Cut was not an illegal, rogue action released against WB's authority, but sanctioned by WB. The heart of the movement wanted to see the legitimate production completed, not stolen footage cobbled together. Further, the Snyder Cut was the originally intended culmination (part one of it) of the DCEU Snyder established across several films.

Batgirl has no such weight behind it, as its a single, branching off story from the Flash movie, and there are some advocating the theft and distribution of footage all due to whatever they--alone--have told themselves about the merits of a film they know nothing about.